by Texas Homesteader ~
My favorite homemade whipped cream recipe uses honey instead of powdered sugar like most recipes use. You know I’m all over that! And my homemade whipped cream only has 3 ingredients & comes together in minutes.
Come see how easy it really is!
Jump to Recipe
RancherMan & I are beekeepers. Each July we harvest some of that liquid gold. Aaaaahhhh, there’s nothing like the taste of raw honey fresh from the comb #amiright?
None of that precious honey goes to waste. I’m using honey in my kitchen these days wherever possible. Including with this homemade whipped cream recipe.
I found it’s true what they say about making homemade whipped cream. It really IS easy and I love the subtle taste of honey in this recipe.
Easy Whipped Cream Instructions:
OK kids, take out your sharpened pencils for these complicated directions! LOL. Really, you’re not gonna believe how easy this is…
First I put my KitchenAid bowl and whisk in the freezer for about an hour. I’ve always heard this speeds up the process and boy did it ever!
When the bowl and whisk were in the freezer about an hour I got ready to whip up my whipped cream (LOL – I said Whip. See what I did there?)
I brought out the half-pint (1 cup) of heavy cream, 2 Tablespoons of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of homemade vanilla extract. I poured everything into the bowl, attached the whisk and started whipping it.
Now I gradually turned it up more & more until it was on high. Let me tell ya, that whipped cream came together in only about 2 minutes!
Done & done!
Don’t Beat Whipped Cream Too Long!
NOTE: You want to stop beating when you see peaks forming. Because, you know, you’ll get butter if you keep whipping.
Butter is delicious on toast, not so delicious with strawberries.
I used that freshly-made whipped cream liberally piled on fresh sliced strawberries. A simple, delicious treat and RancherMan absolutely raved.
Or you could quickly & easily make your own Shortcake from scratch to assemble a delicious Strawberry Shortcake!
Here’s the simple homemade whipped cream recipe as I typically make it.
Real Whipped Cream Recipe Sweetened With Honey
I love that this recipe uses honey instead of powdered sugar. It comes together quickly & it's delicious!
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Chill bowl and beaters (or whisk) in the freezer for about an hour.
Bring the bowl & mixers out and add all ingredients. Whip vigorously just until peaks form.
Serve & enjoy!
Note: Whipped cream that's been whipped too long turns into butter! Stop when you see peaks forming.
Other Easy Desserts
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Fast Dessert: Spiced Rum Fried Apples
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Healthier Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Pudding In A FLASH
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Easy Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Honey Graham Crackers
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa
- Chocolate-Covered Rice Krispie Treats
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Quick Homemade Whipped Cream
- Easy Honey Glaze
- Homemade Whipped Cream (Sweetened With Honey)
- Cherry Pie Filling From Frozen Cherries
- Peach Pie Filling From Canned Peaches
See All Recipe Posts
Holiday Cooking Tips & Recipes
- No-Cook Cherry Dessert
- MYO Cherry Pie Filling Quickly
- Apple Pie With Home-Canned Apples
- Easy Pumpkin Bread (with Cake Mix Shortcut)
- Easy, Healthy Breakfast Muffins
- Double Pie Crust Recipe
- MYO Sweetened Condensed Milk
- MYO Broth Easily!
- Easy Cream-Of-ANYTHING Soup Recipe
- Easier Peeling For Boiled Eggs
- What Do The Dates On The Food Labels Mean?
- Keeping Hot Dishes HOT In Transit
- Keeping Food Safely COLD
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!
I, too, was amazed to read that you had never whipped cream. It’s been a holiday staple at my (adult) home since forever. As a kid (poor) we only had it 2 times a year Christmas/Thanksgiving and on – of all things – fruit salad made out of canned mixed fruit with one banana and one orange added. Now Cool Whip – mostly my reactions is GAAAAAAK – I did keep it on hand when the granddaughter was little and with us a lot. She liked making her “concoctions” which were mostly unadulterated CW and lots of food coloring. It was fun but things sort of slipped off my plate into the trash when she wasn’t watching. She’s a college freshman this year – again, GAAAAAAAK! When did that happen? I’m pretty sure it was just yesterday that the living room had an appliance carton or two doing duty as play houses.
LOL Candace – I hear ya. RancherMan still loves CoolWhip and I daresay he likes it better. But I really wanted to be able to say I’d made homemade whipped cream. And it was delicious! ~TxH~
Wow! I was very surprised when you said you’d never made whipped cream before. I make it when ever we need whipped cream. It’s just so easy. I’ve never used honey to sweeten so I’ll have to try it that way. I love honey.
Yep Nancy, like I mentioned, RancherMan prefers CoolWhip (even now) so there’s never been a reason for me to make homemade whipped cream before. And I hate how expensive that little carton of cream is. Certainly a circumstance when making it yourself wasn’t more cost effective than just buying the $0.99/tub of CoolWhip – especially if that’s RancherMan’s preference anyway. BUT, I wanted to try my hand at it, I found this recipe that doesn’t use powdered sugar but instead uses honey so I thought I’d give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily it all came together, that’s for sure. ~TxH~
We need to talk, I’m anxious to get started in beekeeping. Did you attend a glass somewhere or just read up of the process?
Sandra, we started researching about a year before we ever got our bees. Not only internet research but joined a beekeeper’s association in our area and attended their meetings. We attended many training seminars given by the NOBLE Foundation too. We’re now in our 2nd year of beekeeping and absolutely loving it! We even caught several swarms this spring. Love it! ~TxH~