by Texas Homesteader ~
RancherMan & I don’t always eat dessert, but when we do it’s usually something quick & easy. I’ve simply cut berries in a bowl and topped with quick homemade honey-sweetened Whipped Cream, or enjoyed our healthier version of ‘ice cream‘ that uses frozen bananas and berries. Or even whipped up a quick chocolate pudding. All delicious, all quick & easy.
But when unexpected company comes, I want something that’s a little different (but still easy ’cause, you know, I’m a lazy cook!) I’ve made Apple Pie Rolls using some of my home-canned Apple Pie Filling. It’s delicious! But now I’m thinking about cherry pie…
No Recipe Needed
The quick-read version: Spoon cherry pie filling into flour tortillas, roll tightly, place in baking dish, bake 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. DONE!
Assembling Cherry Pie Tortilla Rolls
Making these cherry pie rollups are about as easy as it gets. First I whipped up my homemade cherry pie filling because it’s quick & easy & I had the ingredients. But you can totally use a can of commercial cherry pie filling to make it even quicker & easier!
Now I pull out flour tortillas and heat them lightly in the microwave to make them easier to roll. I put a spoonful of cherry pie filling along the length of each tortilla & roll it up tight. Then I place each one seam-down in a small baking dish.
When they’re all assembled I drizzle some melted butter and a sprinkling of sugar on top of all of them. I just like the finish this gives ’em but it’s totally optional. Now all that’s left is to toss ’em in the oven that’s been heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It doesn’t take long, I bake them for only about 10-15 minutes.
If you want to keep the edges soft you can cover them, but RancherMan prefers the edges to be lightly crunchy. So when I make these I always leave the baking dish uncovered.
Topping The Tortilla Rolls
When I remove them from the oven they smell divine. Sometimes I’ll top them with a little more cherry pie filling, some honey-sweetened whipped cream or even CoolWhip.
Mama always says “presentation is half the dish!”
Done & done!
Other Easy Desserts
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Quick Homemade Whipped Cream
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Chocolate Pudding In A FLASH
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Honey Graham Crackers
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa
- …And MANY MORE!