by Tammy Taylor
Recently I shared with you the recipe for my homemade chocolate brownies. Now those delicious brownies are certainly tasty enough to stand on their own, I’ve been known to whip up a batch on a whim or with unexpected company.
But as y’all know I’m a confirmed CHOCOHOLIC – I really prefer my homemade brownies to be drenched in yet more chocolaty goodness!
So it’s pretty standard for me to also whip up some homemade gooey chocolaty frosting to top those brownies. And the best part – all of these easy ingredients are in my pantry. And this no-cook frosting can be made up in about two minutes. Oh YES I DID!!
Here’s how I make my frosting. (hold on to your seats, this will be a fast directions since there’s not much to it!)
First I pull out a few ingredients: softened butter, leftover morning coffee, cocoa, honey, vanilla & confectioners sugar.
Now here’s the hard complicated part – I measure all ingredients into a bowl & whip until ingredients are fully combined and frosting is fluffy & spreadable. Then all that’s left to do is frost the brownies. Easy Peasy!
Here’s your one hint: It’s very beneficial to spread this frosting on a warm brownie (or cake). That’s because the warmth of the brownie helps soften the frosting even more and make it a smoother, darker, more chocolaty-licious frosting. Oh yeah, now THAT’S what I’m talking about!
My mama taught me to share, so I’m sharing my recipe with you below!
Chocolate No-Cook Frosting: (frosts 8x8 cake)
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee (or milk)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Combine 3 tablespoons softened butter, 1 tablespoon strong coffee, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar. Whip until ingredients are fully combined and frosting is spreadable & fluffy. Frost brownies while they are still warm.
Our Easy Desserts
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Quick Homemade Whipped Cream
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Chocolate Pudding In A FLASH
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Honey Graham Crackers
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa
- …And MANY MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea – lots of good folks sharing! You can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to Subscribe to our blog!