by Texas Homesteader ~
Recently I shared with you my recipe for homemade chocolate brownies. Now I’m telling ya, those delicious brownies are certainly tasty enough to stand on their own. I’ve been known to whip up a batch on a whim or with unexpected company.
But as y’all know I’m a confirmed CHOCOHOLIC. I really prefer my homemade brownies to be drenched in yet more chocolaty goodness!
So it’s pretty standard for me to also whip up some homemade decadent chocolaty frosting to top those brownies.
And the best part – all of these easy ingredients are in my pantry. And this no-cook frosting can be made in about two minutes.
Oh YES I DID!!
Ridiculously Simple Instructions
Here’s the ridiculously simple instructions on how I make my homemade frosting.
(hold on to your seats, these will be fast directions since there’s not much to it!)
First I pull out a few simple ingredients: softened butter, leftover cold morning coffee, cocoa, honey, vanilla & powdered sugar.
Now here’s the hard complicated part – I measure all ingredients into a bowl & whip until ingredients are fully combined and frosting is fluffy & spreadable.
Then all that’s left to do is frost the brownies.
I swear, that’s all there is to it. See? I told ya – Easy Peasy!
Here’s your one hint: I think it’s very beneficial to spread this frosting on a slightly warm brownie (or cake).
That’s because the warmth of the brownie helps soften the frosting even more and spread more easily. The result is a smoother, darker, more chocolaty-licious frosting.
Homemade Chocolate Frosting
I love this simple chocolate frosting recipe for several reasons:
Simple Ingredients – First, the simple ingredients are always in my pantry. No specialty ingredients here, y’all! Just pure, natural things like butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and pure honey.
No Franken-ingredients here! Only simple ingredients I recognize and can pronounce in my homemade frosting.
Intensified Chocolate Flavor – I love that the addition of that tiny amount of cold coffee really intensifies the chocolate flavor. You just know I’m gonna love more chocolate!
I often get rave reviews from other chocoholics too when I bring a dessert topped with this easy homemade frosting.
Zero-Waste – It’s a big deal that by whipping up this homemade frosting (in just minutes, mind you!) that there’s no plastic tub to get rid of.
As hard as I’ve been trying over the years to Reduce Plastic Coming Into Our Home, keeping an eye out for easy ways to eliminate plastic from ever coming into our home in the first place is important to me. This recipe surely makes that easy. (And DELICIOUS!)
Inexpensive – As is often the case with homemade food, this simple chocolate frosting recipe costs just pennies to make.
That’s important to me too since RancherMan & I are living here on the Homestead Without A Corporate Paycheck.
But by being mindful of our expenses, we’re able to live quite nicely on very little money.
Homemade Is Better – And finally, who doesn’t love homemade?
It’s so very often heads & shoulders above any mass-produced ingredient you buy at the store. And this chocolate frosting recipe earns that distinction that’s for sure!
So a recipe that’s quick, simple, delicious, inexpensive and zero waste too?
Oh yeah, now THAT’S what I’m talking about!
My mama taught me to share, so I’m sharing my simple no-cook chocolate frosting recipe with you below.
Be prepared to hear exclamations of delight when you serve dessert topped with this simple frosting.
Chocolate No-Cook Frosting: (frosts an 8x8 cake)
I needed a simple chocolate frosting and I'm a big fan of recipes that require no cooking. This decadent no-cook frosting recipe is delicious and comes together in minutes. #TexasHomesteader
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon strong coffee (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine 3 tablespoons softened butter, 1 tablespoon strong coffee, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar.
Whip until ingredients are fully combined and frosting is spreadable & fluffy.
Frost cake or brownies while they are still warm.
Other Easy Desserts
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- Quick Homemade Whipped Cream
- Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Fast Dessert: Spiced Rum Fried Apples
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Healthier Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Pudding In A FLASH
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Easy Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Honey Graham Crackers
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa
- Chocolate-Covered Rice Krispie Treats
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Easy Honey Glaze
- Cherry Pie Filling From Frozen Cherries
- Peach Pie Filling From Canned Peaches
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest,Twitter or Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!