by Texas Homesteader ~
Anyone that knows me knows that I’m a confirmed chocoholic. That’s right, an unashamed, unrepentant, CHOCOHOLIC!
Now I love brownies, but I love the fudgy, bendy, chocolaty ones. Oh yeah, you know the ones – you pick them up & they are so soft, and with just one bite you’re transported into chocolate heaven.
Yeah, THOSE BROWNIES! I have a secret to tell you, I hold the recipe to that chocolate deliciousness (shhhhh….)
My Dessert Choice Is ALWAYS Chocolate!
Recently my parents hosted a family gathering which we all do relatively often. In my family each household in attendance brings a dish so that no one is burdened with feeding a large crowd all by themselves.
I of course volunteered to bring homemade brownies. Whaaaa….Selfish chocoholic choice? What ever do you mean? 😉
Usually if there will be lots of folks in attendance and I want to make sure
I get some… I mean, I want to make sure that everyone has a chance to enjoy brownies, I’ll double the recipe to make a large 9×13 pan of them.
But today’s gathering is small. So I should be safe with an regular 8×8 pan.
Simple Homemade Chocolate Brownie Ingredients
I brought out my simple homemade brownie ingredients –
- 1 cup granulated sugar,
- ¼ cup vegetable oil,
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 2 large eggs,
- ½ cup all-purpose flour,
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder,
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder,
- ¼ teaspoon salt,
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
It all mixes up as fast as those boxed mixes, only it’s BETTER because it’s homemade!
Baker’s Tip: When you’re making this batch of brownies, go ahead & measure the dry ingredients of your next batch into a jar. Then just make note on the jar of wet ingredients & baking time. You’ve only dirtied up your measuring cups & spoons once yet you’ve assured your next batch of brownies is made even faster!
Baking Homemade Chocolate Brownies
I preheated the oven to 350º fahrenheit and greased my 8×8 pan.
Then in a medium bowl I mix together the oil, butter, sugar and vanilla. I beat in the eggs and set the bowl aside.
In my KitchenAid mixer I combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and allow the mixer to thoroughly blend the dry ingredients. Then I gradually stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Easy now, just until blended.
Finally I stir in the chopped pecans.
The batter is spread evenly into the prepared pan and baked for 20 – 25 minutes, or just until the brownie started to pull away from the edges.
Take It To The Next Level With Frosting
For extra decadent goodness, you can frost the cooled brownies with this simple no-cook fudgy frosting. Take my word for it, you WANT extra decadent goodness. Since the frosting is basically mix-n-spread there’s no reason not to!
Now folks I’m here to tell ya that these brownies never fail to satisfy!
I once commented to my sis that it takes no more time to whip these up from scratch than it would to open up a packet of commercial brownie mix. I mean, with both options you have to read the directions, add the wet ingredients and bake. The only difference is combining the few dry ingredients for my homemade version.
And let’s be honest here – MINE ARE BETTER! (Hey, it ain’t braggin’ if it’s TRUE!)
And with homemade brownies there’s the added bonus of having no questionable hard-to-pronounce ingredients. And it costs only a fraction of the price of buying a pre-made mix. Plus there’s precious little trash making its way to a landfill just to satisfy my choco-craving.
My mama taught me to share, so of course I’ll share the brownie recipe with you! Go ahead & give ’em a try, you’ll be amazed!
Did you make these brownies? Please rate the recipe in your comment below!
Homemade Fudgy Brownies - (8x8 pan)
This homemade brownie recipe hits the spot when you're craving something decadent and chocolate. Such a simple recipe. #TexasHomesteader
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (325 degrees F for glass pans) Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup oil, 4 Tablespoons melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Then beat in 2 large eggs.
In a separate bowl combine ½ cup all-purpose flour, ⅓ cup cocoa powder, ¼ teaspoon baking powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt and stir until fully combined.
Gradually stir flour mixture into the egg mixture just until blended. Stir in optional ½ cup chopped nuts if desired.
Spread the batter evenly into a greased 8x8 inch pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of the pan.
Let pan of brownies cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares, as brownies will be very soft while hot. You can serve directly from the baking dish. Delicious!
Other Easy Desserts
Cakes, Pies, Cobblers
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- Homemade Peach Cobbler
- Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Mason-Jar Cheesecakes
- Homemade 3-Ingredient Graham Cracker Crust
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- No-Bake Lemon Icebox Pie
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Chunky Apple Cinnamon Muffins Or Bread Loaf
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Fast Dessert: Spiced Rum Fried Apples
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Healthier Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Light & Airy Cotton Candy Meringue Cookies
- Homemade Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- (make your own homemade Vanilla Wafers too!)
- Making Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
Ice Cream & Other Desserts
- Easy Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Quick Homemade Whipped Cream
- Easy Honey Glaze
- Homemade Whipped Cream (Sweetened With Honey)
- Cherry Pie Filling From Frozen Cherries
- Peach Pie Filling From Canned Peaches
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!