by Texas Homesteader ~
We enjoy a sweet dessert from time to time after supper. And when I’m having a chocolate craving nothing can beat homemade chocolate pudding. Pudding is one of the easiest desserts to whip up. And the thick, rich chocolate flavor and silky-smooth texture really satisfies the Choco-Monster in me. I’ll show my pudding-making procedure here and I’ll share the recipe below.
Look at the photo below – some pretty wholesome ingredients, huh? Only sugar, cocoa, low-fat milk, flour, butter and egg yolks along with boiling water and a splash of vanilla. There are no scary hard-to-pronounce ingredients here!
Here’s how I put it all together: First I added the cocoa, sugar, flour & a dash of salt into my skillet and stir with my spatula until it’s all mixed. I added boiling water and butter and turn the heat on medium. As I stir, the butter melts slowly.
When the butter is all melted I add the milk and stir. In my measuring cup I blend three egg yolks into 1/2 cup of tap water and pour it into the pudding, still stirring constantly.
Soon the whole pan full of chocolate deliciousness will thicken to pudding consistency.
When it’s as thick as I like it I’ll pull it from the stove and add about 2 teaspoons of vanilla and allow the pudding to cool slightly. We enjoy our pudding slightly warm so I ladle it into cute vintage jelly canning jars and chocolate decadence is only a spoon away!
Make Your Own Pudding ‘Convenience Food’
How easy is that? Homemade pudding in really no more time than it takes to open a box of the powdered commercial stuff, but with wholesome and real ingredients. You can even mix the dry ingredients into a repurposed glass jar & make note of the wet ingredients needed. Then you have your own convenience food for those rushed nights.
Yes, I’m willing to share the recipe. (I’m just good like that) Go ahead, give it a try!
* * * * * * * * * *
Homemade Chocolate Pudding
One of the quickest, easiest yet most delicious homemade desserts. Try this chocolate pudding recipe - I know you'll love it as much as we do!
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 Cup Tap Water
- 3 Large Egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
In a skillet mix dry ingredients together.
Add boiling water and butter and mix well - place on stove burner set to medium heat.
When butter is melted add milk and stir.
Place egg yolks in measuring cup with the 1/2 cup cool water and mix thoroughly.
Pour this mixture into the pudding and continue stirring and cooking over medium heat until thickened.
If preferred, you can garnish with whipped cream
Other Easy Desserts
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Quick Homemade Whipped Cream
- Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Fast Dessert: Spiced Rum Fried Apples
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Chocolate Pudding In A FLASH
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Honey Graham Crackers
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa
- Chocolate-Covered Rice Krispie Treats
- …And MANY MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest,Twitter or Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!