by Texas Homesteader ~
Almost most of our meals are cooked from scratch. But sometimes off-the-homestead commitments results in me being unprepared for supper.
However in all honesty since I use the cook-once, eat-twice method of cooking, I almost always have a main dish in the freezer for such occasions.
So on this day I served thick charcoal-grilled ham slices, steamed carrots with butter & fresh rosemary and a serving of coleslaw.
The grilled ham slices were simply pulled from the freezer & the steamed carrots were remaining from yesterday’s meal and the coleslaw was in the fridge. So a delicious homemade supper was on the table in a flash.
But when I take so many shortcuts for one meal I typically try to make a dessert for that handsome man of mine to make up for the meager offerings.
It doesn’t help to make a quick supper if dessert takes lots of time. I still needed a quick dessert option.
Hey, I know, I’ll use some homemade apple pie filling & a few tortillas to make baked apple pie tortilla rolls!
Baked Apple Pie Tortilla Rolls – No Recipe Needed!
Here’s the most beautiful part – there’s really no recipe to follow! The short version: roll apple pie filling into flour tortillas, drizzle melted butter, sprinkle cinnamon & sugar & bake for about 15-20 minutes.
Yep, it’s really that easy.
But here are more specifics. First preheated the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I pulled out a jar of my homemade apple pie filling & lightly heated a few tortillas to make them smoother to roll.
Then I spooned apple pie filling onto the edge of the tortillas & rolled them up. They were laid in a small baking pan seam-side down and sprinkled with cinnamon/sugar.
Then I poured melted butter all over them and baked them uncovered for 15 minutes. If you want to keep them soft you can cover them. But I wanted a little texture to the tortillas. So I left mine uncovered.
They were really good though. A simple, quick, delicious spur-of-the-moment dessert with no recipe needed.
I think they would be even more delicious and certainly company-worth with an added dollop of cool whip or Homemade Whipped Cream.
Other Easy Desserts
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Easy Honey Glaze
- Quick Homemade Whipped Cream
- Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Fast Dessert: Spiced Rum Fried Apples
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Chocolate Pudding In A FLASH
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Easy Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Honey Graham Crackers
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa
- Chocolate-Covered Rice Krispie Treats
- …And MANY MORE!
Other Delicious Apple Recipes
- Homemade Apple Pie
- Apple Pies Baked In Canning Jars
- Single-Serve Apple Hand Pies
- Apple Crumble from Apples in Syrup
- Baked Apple Pie Tortilla Roll
- Quick, Hot Apple Dessert
- Applesticks – Frozen Applesauce Sweet Treat
- Quick Spiced-Rum Fried Apples
- Chunky Apple Cinnamon Muffins
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing!
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!