by Texas Homesteader
Although I like to make our food from scratch whenever possible, sometimes you just don’t want to go through the trouble of pulling out the mixing bowls and ingredients to whip up something delicious. Yes, dear friends, I’ve found a shortcut.
I can make a quick, hot delicious apple dessert in a matter of minutes. RancherMan loves it and so do I. And c’mon, who doesn’t love a shortcut? Intrigued? Oh yeah I’ll bet you are…
RancherMan & I don’t eat lots of sweets but every now & then he wants something sweet after supper. Good thing I have my very own homemade convenience food – home-canned apple pie filling. And this dessert doesn’t create a lot of landfill trash, almost everything is reusable and homemade. Plus this is a very inexpensive dessert and quick enough for unexpected company too!
A family member allowed me to pick some of the amazingly-sweet apples off of her tree several months ago and I went to work cooking and canning them – I have several jars of pre-made apple pie filling in the pantry just waiting for inspiration. Then inspiration hit! I took some graham crackers that were in our pantry and crumbled them into the bottom of these small microwavable dessert dishes, almost like a graham-cracker crust without the butter/sugar. These apples were certainly sweet enough not to need any help in the sweetness department!
Then I spooned some apple pie filling into each dish. Since these dishes are microwavable I stuck both of them in the microwave for a short time just long enough to get the filling hot. Finally I crumbled more graham crackers on top and served our homemade dessert with frosty glasses of milk. PERFECT! (and quick)
Other Easy Desserts
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Quick Homemade Whipped Cream
- Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Fast Dessert: Spiced Rum Fried Apples
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Chocolate Pudding In A FLASH
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Honey Graham Crackers
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa
- …And MANY MORE!