by Texas Homesteader ~
I’m thinking if you can make sweet yet sugar-free muffins that are healthy enough that they would work for either snack or healthy breakfast, that’s a winner in my book – how ’bout you??
TAMMY’S NOTE: This No-Sugar challenge documents Ashley’s 30-day attempt to remove PROCESSED SUGAR from their diet. This challenge allows her to use natural sugars such as fruit, honey or true maple syrup. Therefore it’s not meant for a diabetic alternative, simply a personal-health challenge for her.
Y’all remember several months ago Ashley was a guest poster who shared her journey of going a full month without any refined sugar in their diet.
During that challenge she discovered many ways of delighting the palate with sweet treats that didn’t include any refined sugar. (This recipe was included on her Week THREE update so be sure to check it out below)
From Ashley: I don’t want to take credit for being creative enough to have created these from scratch. I have researched ways others have made sugar-free desserts and modified different ingredients to my own tastes. I just cannot pinpoint the exact starting points for these recipes.
This simple sugar-free breakfast muffin recipe uses bananas, berries & oats but NO refined sugar. Enjoy a healthy start to your morning. ~ Texas Homesteader ~
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas - mashed
- 1/2 cup berries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup milk I used coconut, but any kind is ok
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- opt. 1/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
- opt. cinnamon or nutmeg sprinkled on top before baking
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until even distributed. Spoon into muffin cups (makes approx. 24)
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm. Cool on rack for 10 minutes.
Can be enjoyed fresh or stored in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Feel free to enjoy these as breakfast, snack, or dessert.
NOTE: You’re encouraged to read all four weeks of Ashley’s Month-Long Sugar-Free Challenge where she shares tips & several sugar-free recipes:
Refined Sugar Challenge – Week ONE
Refined Sugar Challenge – Week TWO
Refined Sugar Challenge – Week THREE
Refined Sugar Challenge – Week FOUR
Our Favorite Breakfast Posts
- Biscuit Sandwich Breakfast
- Farmer’s Breakfast-Bake Casserole
- All-In-One Ham/Egg/Cheese Breakfast Muffin
- Homemade Country-Style Buttermilk Biscuits
- Leftover Biscuit Dough To Cinnamon Rolls
- Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
- Homemade Maple-Flavored Pancake Syrup
- Honey-Sweetened Pumpkin Granola
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- MYO Instant Microwavable Oatmeal
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- MYO Chai Tea Mix
- Favorite Homemade Jelly Recipes
- Simple Cottage Cheese Recipe
- Homemade Yogurt: Stovetop Method
- Homemade Yogurt: Instant Pot Method
- Easiest Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- Cooking Breakfast Should Include HAZARDOUS DUTY PAY!
…and MANY MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea – lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to
Subscribe to our blog!