by Texas Homesteader
*this post contains affiliate link
My homemade pancake recipe is super easy and results in light, fluffy pancakes. It’s only right to have this super-easy homemade maple-flavored pancake syrup to go with it.
It’s amazing that this recipe has only a few simple ingredients. And it’s so easy that you only mix it up, boil for 7 minutes and BOOM! Homemade pancake syrup. Wanna know how??
(Note: Some links in this post are for further information from earlier posts I’ve written. But links preceded with * are affiliate links. If you click them and buy something (almost anything, not just the item noted) I could receive a tiny commission. But the price you pay will NOT change. It’s an easy way to support this blog without anything coming out of your pocket. So click often! Thank you!)
Homemade Pancake Tradition
It’s our tradition on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day to make whatever the honoree wishes for breakfast.
This year for Mother’s Day my Honey asked what I wanted for breakfast. Usually I want yogurt and fruit, but on this day I wanted homemade pancakes.
I have an awesome but simple pancake recipe so mixing up the pancakes would be a snap for him. But I wanted MY syrup, not the store-bought stuff.
So I whipped up a batch of pancake syrup beforehand to go with those delicious fluffy homemade pancakes.
Simple Pancake Syrup Ingredients
First I gather my ingredients: 3/4 cups brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup honey (can use 1/2 cup corn syrup instead) and 1/2 teaspoon each of *maple flavoring and vanilla.
I love that it contains such SIMPLE ingredients! (I found maple flavoring at Amazon.com, affiliate link above)
…and then in only 7 minutes…
I dump everything except the maple & vanilla into a small saucepan and turn the heat on medium high. As I stir the mixture begins to boil. When it begins to boil I set the timer for 7 minutes and continue boiling, stirring constantly.
After 7 minutes I pull the pan from the heat and stir in 1/2 teaspoon each of maple flavor and vanilla.
Can you believe it’s that easy? I allow it to cool slightly then pour it into my a vintage syrup jar. It makes pouring the homemade pancake syrup easy and mess free.
This syrup has no preservatives so I just make enough to enjoy for the meal and maybe a little after (I’m thinking french toast next to use it all up, hummm….)
Can you believe how ridiculously easy this is?? And I’m guessing the cost is maybe a quarter or less to make my own delicious syrup.
I’ll never buy the stuff in a plastic bottle from the store again. This recipe is delicious and zero waste. No disposable plastic bottle filled with commercially-produced syrup that contains questionable ingredients for my family.
I’m sure you want the same for your family too. Want the recipe? Your wish is my command!
* * * * * * * * * *
Maple-Flavored Pancake Syrup
This simple maple-flavored syrup goes great on pancakes, waffles or french toast. And it mixes up for pennies in just 7 minutes! #TexasHometsteader
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup (I substitute with 1/4 cup honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix all ingredients except maple flavor and vanilla into a small saucepan. Stir to mix and place on a burner set to medium high.
Stir constantly until mixture begins to boil. When mixture boils set timer for 7 minutes and continue boiling, stirring constantly.
When timer goes off remove from heat and stir in maple flavoring and vanilla. Use within about 7 days.
Our Favorite Breakfast Posts
- Biscuit Sandwich Breakfast
- Farmer’s Breakfast-Bake Casserole
- All-In-One Ham/Egg/Cheese Breakfast Muffin
- Homemade Country-Style Buttermilk Biscuits
- Leftover Biscuit Dough To Cinnamon Rolls
- Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
- Homemade Maple-Flavored Pancake Syrup
- Honey-Sweetened Pumpkin Granola
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- MYO Instant Microwavable Oatmeal
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Sugar-Free Oatmeal & Berry Muffins
- Homemade Hash Browns
- MYO Chai Tea Mix
- Favorite Homemade Jelly Recipes
- Simple Cottage Cheese Recipe
- Homemade Yogurt: Stovetop Method
- Homemade Yogurt: Instant Pot Method
- Easiest Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Cooking Breakfast Should Include HAZARDOUS DUTY PAY!
…and MANY MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea – lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to
Subscribe to our blog!
* A word about our Affiliate Link – We are currently enrolled as an Amazon Affiliate. Occasionally I will insert an affiliate link into one of my posts if I think it may be of interest to you. I receive nothing from the manufacturer, but I love my sprayer & thought you might too. If you click on any of my affiliate links and buy something (almost anything, not just what was linked) I get a small referral percentage from Amazon. But here’s the really important part – the price you pay for your items is UNCHANGED.
When you buy something through the affiliate link it’s a great way to support this blog without anything coming out of your pocket so please click often!