by Texas Homesteader
Now that we have our own chickens, eggs are certainly not in short supply. And we also always have bread in the house since you can buy a day-old loaf of french bread very inexpensively and use it for many recipes.
Today I’m making french toast… with a twist! I decided to try to make french toast stuffed with cream cheese & blueberries.
It was so easy! I took my french bread out and sliced a few slices. Then I brought blueberries out of the freezer, some fresh eggs from our pastured hens, cream cheese and my own home-canned apple pie filling.
Putting it all together was a snap: I spread softened cream cheese on half of the slices. Then I drizzled a little honey on the cream cheese to sweeten it and sprinkled on some frozen blueberries. Finally I topped them with the other slices of bread.
I mixed up 4 eggs with a splash of milk & about two tablespoons of powdered sugar. I dipped the sandwiches into the egg mixture coating both sides. Each one was slipped onto my preheated cast-iron griddle, greased with a little butter.
A few minutes on each side and they were ready. I served them hot with a couple spoonfuls of home-canned sweetened apples ladled on top. Of course if I wanted I could drizzle with my homemade maple-flavored syrup instead but I loved them with the apple. I was able to use inexpensive items I already had in my kitchen and our meal was delicious!
Our Favorite Breakfast Posts
- Biscuit Sandwich Breakfast
- Farmer’s Breakfast-Bake Casserole
- All-In-One Ham/Egg/Cheese Breakfast Muffin
- Homemade Country-Style Buttermilk Biscuits
- Leftover Biscuit Dough To Cinnamon Rolls
- Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
- Homemade Maple-Flavored Pancake Syrup
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- MYO Instant Microwavable Oatmeal
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Sugar-Free Oatmeal & Berry Muffins
- MYO Chai Tea Mix
- Favorite Homemade Jelly Recipes
- Simple Cottage Cheese Recipe
- Homemade Yogurt: Stovetop Method
- Homemade Yogurt: Instant Pot Method
- Cooking Breakfast Should Include HAZARDOUS DUTY PAY!
…and MANY MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea – lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to
Subscribe to our blog!