by Texas Homesteader ~
RancherMan & I were getting together with my brother & sister and their spouses for a fun sibling vacation to Broken Bow, OK. We were staying in a gorgeous cabin with a full kitchen, so to keep our expenses down we planned to enjoy some of our vacation meals right there at the cabin. All three families were bringing food to contribute to specific meals. I brought Blueberry Muffins to snack on one day, Chocolate Crazy Cake for dessert after one meal, and promised to bring breakfast for the group one morning too.
I decided to make something easy that would transport well. Something I could make in advance & freeze so I could be on vacation too while we were on vacation!
I’ve made these breakfast muffins for RancherMan before & he loved them. So I decided to whip up a batch for our family gathering.
Our hens are laying lots of Healthy Free-Range Eggs for us these days. So I’m always looking for delicious ways to use them up. This recipe works great for that! I used about 8 large eggs for these muffins. Here’s what I did:
Mixing Up The Breakfast Muffins
I had some leftover smoked ham so that’s what I used. You can also use cooked & crumbled bacon or sausage instead if you like.
In a bowl I mixed up 8 eggs, the chopped ham & the shredded cheese. A little salt & pepper & I was ready to bake ’em up. See, I told you it was easy!
I poured it into my *Jumbo Muffin Pan. Remember not to fill the muffin cups all the way. You know how eggs will puff up when they’re baking!
Baking The Breakfast Muffins
Then I slid the pan into a 350-degree oven & baked the breakfast muffins for about 30 minutes. Oh man did those eggs puff up! When they were done I pulled them out of the oven & let them cool. It’s funny to see them deflate as they cool down. LOL
Because my muffin pan is silicone the cooled breakfast muffins easily popped out of those muffin cups. I put the cooled breakfast muffins into a freezer bag & froze them in preparation for our trip.
When we got to the cabin I placed the bag of frozen muffins in the fridge to thaw. Then when it was time to eat breakfast I simply warmed the muffins and served them with cream gravy. It was delicious and oh so easy!
Easy Ham, Egg, & Cheese Breakfast
Makes 6 jumbo or 12 regular 'muffins'
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups Chopped smoked ham (or cooked & crumbled bacon or breakfast sausage)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp each, salt and pepper
- Optional: Finely-chopped peppers, onions or spinach
Chop cooked ham. (If using bacon or sausage instead, brown, drain & crumble bacon or sausage).
In a bowl, beat eggs thoroughly.
Add meat, cheese, salt/pepper, and any optional ingredients to eggs. Stir to mix.
Pour into greased full size muffin cups. Don't fill all the way to the top to allow for expansion during cooking.
Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or when toothpick inserted into middle of muffin comes out clean.
Links Included In This Post
- Fun Trip To Broken Bow, OK
- Chocolate Crazy Cake – No Eggs, Milk Or Butter!
- Easy Homemade Blueberry Muffins
- What I’ve Learned About The Nutrition Of Free-Range Eggs
- *Silicone Jumbo Muffin Pan
Our Favorite Breakfast Posts
- Farmer’s Breakfast-Bake Casserole
- All-In-One Ham/Egg/Cheese Breakfast Muffin
- Homemade Country-Style Buttermilk Biscuits
- Leftover Biscuit Dough To Cinnamon Rolls
- Biscuit Sandwich Breakfast
- Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
- Homemade Maple-Flavored Pancake Syrup
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- MYO Instant Microwavable Oatmeal
- Blueberry Muffins
- Sugar-Free Oatmeal & Berry Muffins
- MYO Chai Tea Mix
- Favorite Homemade Jelly Recipes
- Homemade Cottage Cheese
- Cooking Breakfast Should Include HAZARDOUS DUTY PAY!
…and MANY MORE!