by Texas Homesteader ~
Hot Chai Tea is comforting on a chilly day. This chai tea mix is quick and easy to mix up. Store it in the pantry in a repurposed glass jar.
Chai Tea Mix A Perfect Gift Idea
My sweet sister-in-law made & gifted to me some of her homemade chai tea mix. I was thrilled, I absolutely love her Chai Tea! She even gifted the tea mix to me in a repurposed glass jar. Some people just GET me. Love!
So I used my laser printer and some regular ole shipping tape to make a fun customized label for the jar.
Now my chai tea mix stands ready to whip up at a moment’s notice. What a delightful, comforting drink when it’s cold outside.
But when I shared how wonderful it tasted, the followers of my Facebook Page begged for the recipe. So I asked my SIL to share her recipe and she was happy to do it. (thanks Angela!)
The recipe she shared with me is below. She noted there are several ingredients but it’s super quick & easy to mix up.
She also said when she makes this homemade chai tea mix she always quadruples the recipe.
That way she can make enough to gift to others and also have enough to last for herself to enjoy all year long too. She mentioned that this tea mix has a long shelf life.
All I know is that it’s a wonderful gift and I’m so grateful to her for gifting it to me. It’s delicious, decadent and comforting.
Love, love, LOVE!
And now, as requested, we’re sharing the recipe with you too. Enjoy!
Homemade Chai Tea Mix
- 1 Cup Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 Cup Powdered non dairy creamer
- 1 Cup French Vanilla Powder dairy creamer
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar (She prefers 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup Brown Sugar)
- 1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Instant Tea
- 2 tsp Ginger powder
- 2 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/8 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 1/8 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Once all mixed run thru blender to blend all ingredients; this step will create a nice smooth powder & also reduces the volume.
Store in Mason jars. Mix has a pretty long shelf life
Use 1/4 cup of mix to 1 cup of warm milk. Stir to combine and enjoy!
Our Favorite Homemade Drinks
- Chai Tea Mix
- Healthy Rehydration: Haymaker’s Punch
- Homemade Velvety Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- Watermelon Daiquiri (or Smoothie)
- Sun Tea – Brewed With The Power Of The Sun
- Cool, Refreshing Sweet Mint Beverage
- All-Natural Hot Apple Cider
- Herbal Hot Tea Made w/Mint
Homemade Or Special Gift Ideas
- Homemade Gifts We’ve Given
- Christmas Gift-Idea Roundup
- Repurposed Denim Hand Warmers
- Homemade Chai Tea Mix
- Lavender-Scented Gardeners Hand Scrub
- Santa Sleigh Made With Candybars
- Experience Gift: Indoor Rock Climbing
- Experience Gift: Ninja Warrior Obstsacle Course
- 8 Eco-Friendly Gifts Your Friends Will LOVE!
- Low-Waste Christmas Gifts We’ve Received
- Thinking Of Adding A Pup To Your Home This Christmas?
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea – lots of good folks sharing! You can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to
Subscribe to our blog!