by Texas Homesteader ~
My sweet sister-in-law made & gifted to me some of her homemade chai tea mix. I was thrilled, I absolutely love her Chai Tea! She even gifted it to me in a repurposed glass jar. Love!
So I used my laser printer and some regular ole shipping tape to make a fun customized label for the jar. Now my chai tea mix stands ready to whip up at a moment’s notice. What a delightful, comforting drink when it’s cold outside.
But when I shared how wonderful it tasted, the followers of my Facebook Page begged for the recipe. So I asked my SIL to share her recipe and she was happy to do it. (thanks Angela!)
The recipe she shared with me is below. There are several ingredients but it’s super quick & easy to mix up. She said when she makes it she always multiplies the recipe by 4. That way she can make enough to gift to others and also have enough to last for herself to enjoy all year long too. She mentioned that this chai tea mix has a long shelf life.
All I know is that it’s a wonderful gift and I’m so grateful to her for gifting it to me. It’s delicious, decadent and comforting.
Love, love, LOVE!
And now, as requested, we’re sharing the recipe with you too. Enjoy!
Homemade Chai Tea Mix
- 1 Cup Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 Cup Powdered non dairy creamer
- 1 Cup French Vanilla Powder dairy creamer
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar (She prefers 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup Brown Sugar)
- 1 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Instant Tea
- 2 tsp Ginger powder
- 2 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/8 tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 1/8 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Once all mixed run thru blender to blend all ingredients; this step will create a nice smooth powder & also reduces the volume.
Store in Mason jars. Mix has a pretty long shelf life
Use 1/4 cup of mix to 1 cup of warm milk. Stir to combine and enjoy!
Our Favorite Homemade Drinks
- Chai Tea Mix
- Healthy Rehydration: Haymaker’s Punch
- Homemade Velvety Chocolate Hot Cocoa
- Watermelon Daiquiri (or Smoothie)
- Sun Tea – Brewed With The Power Of The Sun
- Cool, Refreshing Sweet Mint Beverage
Other Homemade Gift Ideas
- Homemade Gifts We’ve Given
- Christmas Gift-Idea Roundup
- Repurposed Denim Hand Warmers
- Homemade Chai Tea Mix
- Lavender-Scented Gardeners Hand Scrub
- Santa Sleigh Made With Candybars
- Experience Gift: Indoor Rock Climbing
- Experience Gift: Ninja Warrior Obstsacle Course
- 8 Eco-Friendly Gifts Your Friends Will LOVE!
- Low-Waste Christmas Gifts We’ve Received
- Thinking Of Adding A Pup To Your Home This Christmas?