by Texas Homesteader
It’s terrifying hearing those words from your doctor “You’ve Got Cancer“. There’s so many worries on my mind these days that I’ve struggled to sleep the last several nights. I roll over restlessly & glance at the clock – 2:45 a.m.
With a sigh I slip from beneath the sheet and come into the living room to peer out the window.
Yes I love this place where we live, it’s so beautiful here and it touches my heart in ways no other place I’ve ever lived has.
I silently open the door & step barefoot outside to clear my restless mind. The cool of the night rests gently on my face. The near-full moon is so bright it casts dappled shadows under the trees.
A cacophony of crickets serenades me from places unseen, the deep-croaking frogs keeping perfect time from the pond.
It’s amazing to me to think about the life that is so vibrantly active out here while the world sleeps. And as I stand there immersed in the sensations I struggle to take it all in.
Somewhere in the distance a lone coyote call echos through the creek bottoms – I’ve always loved their lonesome call.
I look up and can clearly see a wispy cloud floating silently by, perfectly illuminated by the bright glow of the moonlight as a young calf calls out softly from our nearby barn pasture.
It’s at this time that I feel the unmistakable presence of God saying ‘ “It’s OK child, I’m here with you”. And I’m immediately comforted in the same way a fearful child is comforted by a loving parent.
Fear and worries are just a part of being human sometimes and there’s not a way to get around it. But during this one-on-one time with my Father I realize that He’s by my side every step of the way.
As I glance around one more time, savoring one more deep breath of that cool fresh air, I once again feel at peace.
Although I started out frustrated that sleep had alluded me, I’m glad that I didn’t miss this moment alone with God as I return inside with a renewed sense of calm.
I silently slide back into bed, feeling very loved as I quickly drift off to sleep.
More about my healing journey:
- In Sickness & In Health
- The Love Of God Through The Love Of Others
- Witness In The Strangest Places
- A Restless Night & Comfort Received
- The Garden That LOVE Planted
- Pretty In Pink: Going Too Far?
- Putting Yourself Out There When You’re Painfully Shy
- Relay For Life = HOPE
- A Pocket-Cross Tradition For Comfort
Other Inspirational Posts
- But… Don’t We All Want To Look Younger??
- How RancherMan & I Keep The Spark In Our Marriage
- My Journey May Not Be YOUR Journey: And That’s OK!
- The Importance Of The Family Supper Table
- The Power Of Love: Helping Neighbors In Need
- Many Flowers Make A More Beautiful Bouquet
- Pursuit of… HAPPINESS
- The Garden That ‘LOVE’ Planted
- Living Life With NO Regrets
- A Comforting Tradition When Times Are Tough
…and MANY MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. Lots of good folks sharing! You can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to
subscribe to our blog