by Texas Homesteader~
Recently I was in the mood for French toast. What a frugal choice for a quick breakfast – a little bread, a couple of eggs, a splash of milk, dash of spice and BOOM!
Making Unwanted Food Delectable
The beauty of this meal is that I’m using many pieces of bread that are drying out fast and on the verge of being wasted.
How wonderful that you can take food that’s less appetizing and turn it into something truly delicious for breakfast in a flash!
Making the french toast was super easy. I cracked a couple of eggs into a bowl and stirred in about 1/4 cup milk. We like our french toast lightly sweet so I added about 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar for the sweetness we love and a few shakes of cinnamon too.
I dipped the bread into the egg mixture to fully coat it on both sides, then rubbed a hot griddle with a little butter & placed the egg-soaked bread on it. 3
After only about a minute or so I flipped it to the other side ad cooked that side for about a minute.
Ummmm – smells really good!
I placed the prepared french toast hot onto a waiting plate. After being drizzled with homemade maple syrup breakfast is served!
Fully using the groceries you have purchased helps save money on your food budget. How do you save your past-prime food by changing it into something delicious?
Our Favorite Breakfast Posts
- Biscuit Sandwich Breakfast
- Farmer’s Breakfast-Bake Casserole
- All-In-One Ham/Egg/Cheese Breakfast Muffin
- Homemade Country-Style Buttermilk Biscuits
- Leftover Biscuit Dough To Cinnamon Rolls
- Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
- Homemade Maple-Flavored Pancake Syrup
- Honey-Sweetened Pumpkin Granola
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
- MYO Instant Microwavable Oatmeal
- Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- Sugar-Free Oatmeal & Berry Muffins
- MYO Chai Tea Mix
- Favorite Homemade Jelly Recipes
- Simple Cottage Cheese Recipe
- Homemade Yogurt: Stovetop Method
- Homemade Yogurt: Instant Pot Method
- Cooking Breakfast Should Include HAZARDOUS DUTY PAY!
…and MANY MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea – lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to
Subscribe to our blog!