by Texas Homesteader~
RancherMan & I have several free-range hens and they provide us with an ample supply of fresh healthy eggs. I like to boil up a whole pot of them at a time and keep ’em in the fridge for a high-protein snack for him to grab-n-eat when he’s hungry. But he really likes the convenience of having them already peeled when he reaches for them.
Hey, I’m a happy girl that he’s eating something provided right here from our homestead instead of reaching for sugary or salty snacks. So I’m very willing to make it as convenient as possible for him. Luckily there’s an easy way for me to keep peeled hard boiled eggs in the fridge at all times.
I first boil the eggs & I strain out the water. I’ll allow the cooked eggs to cool completely in a colander. Oftentimes I even leave them in the colander in the fridge overnight.
Easily Peeling Boiled Eggs
But when I’m ready to peel a bunch of eggs for my handsome RancherMan I can pull out the cooled eggs and drop one into an empty glass jar. I add water to just below the height of the egg in the jar, then place my hand over the mouth of the jar and shake as vigorously as I can for about 5 seconds.
The egg then peels super-easily. Sometimes the shell is even floating around in the water by itself leaving my egg completely peeled without me touching it again!
Wanna see this coolage in action? Well the proof is in the pudding, as they say. Check out this video…
Hey, anything that makes my time spent in the kitchen quicker is a winner in my book, no??
I will say it helps if your eggs are hard boiled and not soft boiled. You want a good, firm white to take this kind of abuse!
It also helps if you’ve popped the cooked eggs in the fridge for awhile after you boil them to get them good and cold. A cold, cooked white is a little more durable during the shaking.
But this always works beautifully for me. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Other Kitchen Hacks
- Paper Napkins In A Paperless Kitchen
- Easy Reminder For Kitchen Stove
- Make Your Slow Cooker More Efficient
- No Cooking Fat Down The Drain
- Labeling A Glass Jar
- Cleaning A Narrow-Neck Jar
- Keep That Broccoli Fresh
- Sneaking Healthy Vegetables Into Their Diet
- Don’t Waste Onion Trimmings
- Heat-Free Way to Peel Tomatoes
- Cleaner Vegetable Chopping
- Quick Baking Measurement Reminder System
- Easily Separating Cream From Milk
- Using Frozen Water Bottles In The Kitchen
- Don’t Waste It – Free Vegetable Broth
- Easier Deviled Eggs – No Mess!
- MYO Crispy Taco Shells CHEAP
- Tame Kitchen Appliance Cords
- Save Your Fingernails When Cleaning
- Expand Your Muffin Tin Capacity With Canning-Jar Rings
- Use ALL Of Your Spray Cleaner
- Quick Coffee Stain Cleaning
- Repurposing Mesh Bags For Scrubbers
- Cute Windowsill Container For Herb Cuttings
- Less Mess When Measuring Honey
- How To Tell If Your Baking Powder Is Still Good
- Easily Opening Those Stubborn Jars
- …and many MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing!
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!