by Texas Homesteader ~
I use a repurposed cardboard tube to tame all the electrical cords for my small appliances. Use Whatcha Got! Check out this simple Homestead Hack.
In my kitchen I have an appliance cabinet. There I store various electric appliances & hand tools, such as slow cookers, blenders, percolator, a stick blender, electric knife, etc.
The small hand tools such as the electric knife & stick blender & accessories are all corralled into a wide basket on one of the shelves.
But when it’s time to fetch one of them I used to hate how the cords would always be tangled around each other. You’d have to untangle the cords before you could fetch the one tool you were after. But no more! Use Whatcha Got, y’all! Check out this Homestead Hack.
Whether it’s electric cords on my slow cookers, my blender or smaller appliances such as my hand blender or electric knife, this Homestead Hack keeps everything tidy.
No more cords catching on each other or getting tangled.
And no more dragging down more things than I’d planned on picking up with that one appliance. My secret?
A Repurposed Cardboard Tube!
Whether you get them from an empty roll of bathroom tissue, paper towels or gift wrap, hang on to those cardboard tubes. They’re handy!
I like to use them for natural Biodegradable Seed-Planting Pots for when I’m starting my heirloom seeds for the garden. But they have a handy inside use too: Corralling those electric cords!
I simply fold the electric cord & back forth until it’s the size I want and slide it into this cardboard tube. It works beautifully!
That cord doesn’t have the opportunity now to cause me grief when I’m fetching an appliance.
Less frustration in the kitchen = A Happy Cook.
And, after that cardboard tube has done hard labor in its second useful life of taming electrical cords, it goes on to yet another life in my compost tumbler to help make that black gold that helps my garden grow oh-so-well.
Other Kitchen Hacks
- Paper Napkins In A Paperless Kitchen
- Easy Reminder For Kitchen Stove
- Make Your Slow Cooker More Efficient
- No Cooking Fat Down The Drain
- Labeling A Glass Jar
- Cleaning A Narrow-Neck Jar
- Keep That Broccoli Fresh
- Don’t Waste Onion Trimmings
- Heat-Free Way to Peel Tomatoes
- Cleaner Vegetable Chopping
- Quick Baking Measurement Reminder System
- Easily Separating Cream From Milk
- Using Frozen Water Bottles In The Kitchen
- Don’t Waste It – Free Vegetable Broth
- Easier Deviled Eggs – No Mess!
- MYO Crispy Taco Shells CHEAP
- Tame Kitchen Appliance Cords
- Save Your Fingernails When Cleaning
- Expand Your Muffin Tin Capacity With Canning-Jar Rings
- Use ALL Of Your Spray Cleaner
- Quick Coffee Stain Cleaning
- Repurposing Mesh Bags For Scrubbers
- Cute Windowsill Container For Herb Cuttings
- Less Mess When Measuring Honey
- How To Tell If Your Baking Powder Is Still Good
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing!
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!