by Texas Homesteader ~
This time of year our thoughts turned to boiled eggs colored brightly for Easter. You’ll be seeing (and being requested to bring) deviled eggs to many gatherings to make good use out of all those boiled eggs. Now in the olden days I’d be trying to scoop that deviled egg filling into the halves of the whites and try my best not to make a mess. But make a mess I did.
Every. Stinkin’. Time!
But several years ago I read about an easy shortcut to take the drudgery out of filling those deviled eggs. Oh yeah, check out this easy Homestead Hack.
First I boil my eggs like normal & cut the cooled, peeled boiled eggs in half. I scoop out the yellow yolk centers and plop them all in a zippered bag. Then I add the other ingredients: Salt, pepper, sweet pickle relish (I substituted my delicious homemade pear relish), and a healthy dollop of my homemade mayonnaise. Then I let the air out of the zippered bag and close it up tight.
A little squish & short massage of all those ingredients and Boom! Everything’s mixed together to make a delightful deviled egg filling.
Now comes the complicated part. Get your pencils out, students…
Cut a tiny corner off of the zippered bag and ‘pipe’ the filling into the egg halves. Garnish with a little paprika and you’re done.
So quick, so easy and NO MESS, y’all!
Other Kitchen Homestead Hacks
- Paper Napkins In A Paperless Kitchen
- Easy Reminder For Kitchen Stove
- Make Your Slow Cooker More Efficient
- No Cooking Fat Down The Drain
- Labeling A Glass Jar
- Cleaning A Narrow-Neck Jar
- Keep That Broccoli Fresh
- Sneaking Healthy Vegetables Into Their Diet
- Don’t Waste Onion Trimmings
- Heat-Free Way to Peel Tomatoes
- Cleaner Vegetable Chopping
- Quick Baking Measurement Reminder System
- Easily Separating Cream From Milk
- Using Frozen Water Bottles In The Kitchen
- Don’t Waste It – Free Vegetable Broth
- Easier Deviled Eggs – No Mess!
- MYO Crispy Taco Shells CHEAP
- Tame Kitchen Appliance Cords
- Save Your Fingernails When Cleaning
- Expand Your Muffin Tin Capacity With Canning-Jar Rings
- Use ALL Of Your Spray Cleaner
- Quick Coffee Stain Cleaning
- Repurposing Mesh Bags For Scrubbers
- Cute Windowsill Container For Herb Cuttings
- Less Mess When Measuring Honey
- How To Tell If Your Baking Powder Is Still Good
- Easily Opening Those Stubborn Jars
- …and many MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing!
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!