by Texas Homesteader ~
Who doesn’t love a hearty stew when the weather’s cold? And if you’re using leftover roast to make it, that meal can be on the table in minutes.
Recently I wrote about the benefit of planned leftovers. That’s the method of cooking when you purposely cook more of an item than you will eat at one time.
Then bibbidy-bobbedy-boo presto-changeo remake the leftovers into brand new and delicious recipes.
But today I’m sharing the quickest & most basic delicious leftover idea: a Hearty Stew!
When I cook I like to get in the kitchen, cook a lot and get the heck out! Yeah, cooking is not my favorite pastime. In and out of the kitchen fast is my wheelhouse, y’all.
Most recently I cooked a huge pork roast using not one, not two but THREE slow cookers.
Yeah, that pork roast really was was that big!
It’s good I’ll have so much leftover roast though. I’d planned to remake the leftovers into new dishes later in the week.
Pork roast leftovers are so versatile.
Storing Leftover Roast
After I cooked that huge roast I sectioned the meat off into the quantities I wanted.
Then I packaged them for the freezer making sure to properly label the contents. I mean, everything looks exactly the same when it’s frozen rock solid & crammed in the freezer #amiright?
But after all that meat was sectioned off I kept just enough back to make a hearty stew. I can whip it up in minutes using the various leftovers from our pork roast meal.
Assembling The Stew
I’d already poured that broth from the roast into a glass canning jar and allowed the fat to rise to the top the night before. So for the broth portion of today’s lunch I simply skimmed the fat away.
Then I chunked up the cooked carrots & potatoes that were leftover, chopped up the leftover cooked onion sections and poured in some of that leftover broth.
Finally I stirred in the bits of leftover pork roast & heated up this hearty stew.
You really don’t get any faster than this, y’all. Everything was already perfectly cooked & seasoned, I just needed to warm it up!
Making this stew is a delightful way to use up some leftovers from our pork roast in just minutes.
And we get to enjoy some bone-warming nutrition as well.
Our Favorite Soups
- Endless Soup For A Weeks’ Worth Of Lunches
- List Of Our Favorite Soup Ideas
- MYO Cream Of Chicken Soup In A SNAP!
- Potato Soup – A Bone-Warming Meal On A Cold Day
- Planned Leftovers: Beef Stew w/Leftover Pot Roast
- Hot & Hearty Cabbage Stew
- Taco Soup: A Quick Meal For ‘Those Days’
- Lazy-Cooks Italian Soup
- Planned Leftovers: Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Easy Chicken Broth
- Faster, EASIER Homemade Broth In An Instant Pot
- (Pressure Canning Broth)
Want to see other Leftover Pork Roast Meal Ideas?
Pork Roast Recipes:
- Slow-Cooker Pork Roast w/Veggies
- Instant Pot Roast – Comfort Food FAST
- Slow-Cooker Pork Roast w/Red Wine
- Italian-Flavored Pork Roast
- Simplest 3-Ingredient Pepperoncini Roast
- (Easily Shredding Pot Roast in Minutes)
Recipes Using Leftover Roast:
- Carnitas Tacos
- (MYO Crispy Taco Shells in Minutes)
- Pulled Pork Enchiladas
- Hearty Meaty Stew
- Homemade Pork Tamales
- Pulled Pork BBQ
- (Homemade Honey-Sweetened BBQ Sauce)
- BBQ Rub & Beer-Based Mop Sauce Recipe
New Meals Remade With Leftovers
- Planned Leftovers: Easy Slow-Cooker Pork Roast
- How To Quickly Shred Leftover Roast
- Fast Food: Remaking Leftover Steak & Veggies
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes Into Potato Cakes
- Leftover Biscuit Dough? Make Cinnamon Rolls!
- Hearty Stew – Quickest Planned Leftover Meal Of All
- Pulled Pork Enchiladas From Leftover Roast
- Planned Leftovers: Carnitas Tacos From Pork Roast
- Leftover Meatloaf Made Into Quesadillas
- Leftover Chicken & Zucchini Noodles with Herb Bombs
- Chicken Tortilla Soup From Leftovers
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Made Easy
- Chicken & Dumplings Using Leftover Chicken
- Using It ALL – The Art Of Eliminating Leftover Food
- Leftover Navy Beans Into Delicious HUMMUS!
- Leftover Turkey & Dressing Into Patties
- Homemade Meals Every Day – The EASY Way!
…and MUCH MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter & Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!