by Texas Homesteader ~
I needed to shred leftover roast for pulled-pork enchiladas. Instead of using two forks to shred the meat by hand, I used my KitchenAid to compete the task in seconds!
Shredding Cooked Roast Faster
Y’all know RancherMan keeps our freezer stocked with harvested wild pork during the winter months. That pork is our main source of protein for several months until the pork coffers get lean!
So I’m often cooking up large pork roasts as part of my Cook-Once, Eat-Twice method of cooking. I’ll use the leftovers for subsequent meals.
It’s an easy way to get supper on the table fast since the meat’s already been cooked!
Recently I was turning some of that cooked roast into Pulled-Pork Enchiladas. I brought out some of my leftover cooked pork roast, grabbed a couple of forks and got to shredding.
It took so long I started to get frustrated and thought there had to be a better way. And there was!
Although this is not a new idea, it’s one I hadn’t considered until I got tired of trying to shred my roast by hand. Using only two forks. Ugh…
The light bulb came on – let’s make this easier! I should try something I’d heard others doing to simplify shredding meat.
KitchenAid Mixer Shreds Cooked Roast Easily!
I brought out my KitchenAid mixer and added the paddle attachment. I cut some of the pork roast into smaller pieces so my shredded meat strands wouldn’t be too long for the homemade enchiladas I was planning on cooking.
Then I tossed those roast chunks into the KitchenAid bowl and set the speed to 1, and then 2 for maybe 15-20 seconds.
EUREKA! That KitchenAid shredded the roast beautifully in just seconds!
I decided to go ahead & shred lots of that pork roast to store pre-shredded in the freezer. That way next time I decide to make something with shredded meat, it’s already been both cooked AND shredded!
What Dishes Use Shredded Meat?
There are several of my favorite dishes to use this shredded meat:
Enchilada Casserole (replace ground meat with this pulled pork)
But to be honest, you can use leftover cooked shredded meat in soups, stews, casseroles, quesadillas – almost anywhere!
Work Smarter Not Harder In The Kitchen
So having this shredded meat in my freezer sure helps me get a delicious and homemade supper on the table fast.
Yep, talk about homemade convenience food at its finest!
Want to see other Pork Roast Meal Ideas?
Pork Roast Recipes:
- Slow-Cooker Pork Roast w/Veggies
- Instant Pot Roast – Comfort Food FAST
- Slow-Cooker Pork Roast w/Red Wine
- Italian-Flavored Pork Roast
- Simplest 3-Ingredient Pepperoncini Roast
- (Easily Shredding Pot Roast in Minutes)
Recipes Using Leftover Roast:
- Carnitas Tacos
- (MYO Crispy Taco Shells in Minutes)
- Pulled Pork Enchiladas
- Hearty Meaty Stew
- Homemade Pork Tamales
- Pulled Pork BBQ
- (Homemade Honey-Sweetened BBQ Sauce)
- BBQ Rub & Beer-Based Mop Sauce Recipe
New Meals Remade With Leftovers
- Planned Leftovers: Easy Slow-Cooker Pork Roast
- How To Quickly Shred Leftover Roast
- Hearty Stew – Quickest Planned Leftover Meal Of All
- Pulled Pork Enchiladas From Leftover Roast
- Planned Leftovers: Carnitas Tacos From Pork Roast
- Chicken Fried Rice Supper FAST!
- Leftover Chicken & Zucchini Noodles with Herb Bombs
- Chicken Tortilla Soup From Leftovers
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Made Easy
- Chicken & Dumplings Using Leftover Chicken
- Leftover Chicken Into Quick Chicken Fried Rice
- Leftover Turkey & Dressing Into Patties
- Leftover Biscuit Dough? Make Cinnamon Rolls!
- Using It ALL – The Art Of Eliminating Leftover Food
- Homemade Meals Every Day – The EASY Way!
…and MUCH MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter & Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!