by Texas Homesteader ~
Y’all know RancherMan keeps our freezer stocked with harvested wild pork during the winter months. That pork is our main source of protein for several months until the pork coffers get lean! So I’m often cooking up several pork roasts at a time as part of my Cook-Once, Eat-Twice method of cooking to use the leftovers for subsequent meals. It’s an easy way to get supper on the table fast since the meat’s already been cooked!
Recently I was turning some of that cooked roast into Pulled-Pork Enchiladas. I brought out some of my leftover cooked pork roast, grabbed a couple of forks and got to shredding. It took so long I started to get frustrated and thought there had to be a better way. And there was!
Although this is not a new idea, it’s one I hadn’t considered until I got tired of trying to shred my roast by hand. The light bulb came on – let’s make this easier!
KitchenAid Mixer to the Rescue!
I brought out my KitchenAid mixer and added the paddle attachment. I cut some of the pork roast into smaller pieces so my shredded meat strands wouldn’t be too long for my enchiladas. Then I tossed ’em in the KitchenAid bowl and set the speed to 1, and then 2 for maybe 15-20 seconds.
EUREKA! That KitchenAid shredded the roast beautifully in just seconds! I decided to go ahead & shred lots of that pork roast to store pre-shredded in the freezer. That way next time I decide to make something with shredded meat, it’s already been both cooked AND shredded!
Yep, talk about homemade convenience food at its finest!
Other Pork Roast Recipes:
- Slow-Cooker Pork Roast w/Veggies
- Instant Pot Roast – Comfort Food FAST
- Slow-Cooker Pork Roast w/Red Wine
- Italian-Flavored Pork Roast
- (Easily Shredding Pot Roast in Minutes)
Recipes with Leftover Pork Roast:
- Carnitas Tacos
- (MYO Crispy Taco Shells in Minutes)
- Pulled Pork Enchiladas
- Hearty Meaty Stew
- Homemade Pork Tamales
- Pulled Pork BBQ
- (Homemade Honey-Sweetened BBQ Sauce)
- BBQ Rub & Beer-Based Mop Sauce Recipe
New Meals Remade With Leftovers
- Planned Leftovers: Easy Slow-Cooker Pork Roast
- How To Quickly Shred Leftover Roast
- Fast Food: Remaking Leftover Steak & Veggies
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes Into Potato Cakes
- Leftover Biscuit Dough? Make Cinnamon Rolls!
- Hearty Stew – Quickest Planned Leftover Meal Of All
- Pulled Pork Enchiladas From Leftover Roast
- Planned Leftovers: Carnitas Tacos From Pork Roast
- Leftover Meatloaf Made Into Quesadillas
- Leftover Chicken & Zucchini Noodles with Herb Bombs
- Chicken Tortilla Soup From Leftovers
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Made Easy
- Chicken & Dumplings Using Leftover Chicken
- Using It ALL – The Art Of Eliminating Leftover Food
- Leftover Navy Beans Into Delicious HUMMUS!
- Leftover Turkey & Dressing Into Patties