by Texas Homesteader ~
By now many of you know I’ve been on a Planned Leftovers kick. What’s planned leftovers? It’s where you purposely cook more of a key ingredient with the intent of using it to make completely different meals later. For instance, recently I cooked a huge pork roast. HUGE! I turned the leftover meat into Carnitas Tacos, a quick Meaty Stew, some delicious Pulled Pork Enchiladas and more!
But today I’m sharing one of the most basic planned leftovers remake. As a matter of fact, this is one of our very first go-to leftovers meals because it’s so easy yet so delicious. Check out this planned leftover homestead hack.
Fastest Planned Leftover Of All!
Now hold on to your hats folks, this is gonna go fast! I take some of my leftover roast and shred it quickly with my KitchenAid. Then I pour homemade BBQ sauce over it and ladle the flavorful meat onto hamburger buns.
I add some Ranch-Style Beans and some thick, freshly-baked home fries to round everything out. Of course I’m going to add some spicy jalapenos!
In a flash: Meal. DONE! I really prefer using hotdog buns for our BBQ sandwiches since they’re so much easier to eat that way. But RancherMan requested sesame seed buns this time so that’s what we did. If I had more time I could make some homemade Jalapeno Cheese Beer Buns. Those are delicious with BBQ as well so I like to make them often.
What’s your favorite planned leftover meal plan?
Other Kitchen Homestead Hacks
- Easy Reminder For Kitchen Stove
- Make Your Slow Cooker More Efficient
- No Cooking Fat Down The Drain
- Labeling A Glass Jar
- Cleaning A Narrow-Neck Jar
- Keep That Broccoli Fresh
- Don’t Waste Onion Trimmings
- Heat-Free Way to Peel Tomatoes
- Cleaner Vegetable Chopping
- Quick Baking Measurement Reminder System
- Easily Separating Cream From Milk
- Using Frozen Water Bottles In The Kitchen
- Don’t Waste It – Free Vegetable Broth
- Easier Deviled Eggs – No Mess!
- MYO Crispy Taco Shells CHEAP
- Tame Kitchen Appliance Cords
- Save Your Fingernails When Cleaning
- Paper Napkins In A Paperless Kitchen
- Use ALL Of Your Spray Cleaner
- Quick Coffee Stain Cleaning
- Repurposing Mesh Bags For Scrubbers
- Cute Windowsill Container For Herb Cuttings
- …and many MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea – lots of good folks sharing! You can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to Subscribe to our blog!