by Texas Homesteader ~
I love Planned Leftovers. Especially this BBQ pulled pork because it’s so quick, so easy yet so delicious. Looking for a quick meal with precious little hands-on time? Check out this homestead hack.
Planned Leftovers Cooking – Pork Roast
By now many of you know I’ve been on a Planned Leftovers kick.
What’s planned leftovers? It’s where you purposely cook more of a key ingredient with the intent of using it to make completely different meals later.
There’s a list at the end of this post with many of my favorite planned leftovers meals. Be sure to check it out.
But recently I cooked a huge pork roast. I mean HUGE!
But today I’m sharing one of the most basic planned leftovers remake. As a matter of fact, this is one of our very first go-to leftovers meals because it’s so easy yet so delicious.
Fastest Planned Leftover Meal Of All!
Now hold on to your hats folks, this is gonna go fast!
I add sides of some Ranch-Style Beans and some thick, freshly-baked home fries to round everything out.
And of course I’m going to add a few slices of spicy jalapenos!
In a flash: Meal. DONE!
I oftentimes use hotdog buns for our BBQ sandwiches since they’re so much easier to eat that way. But RancherMan requested sesame seed buns this time so that’s what we did.
If I had more time I could make some homemade Jalapeno Cheese Beer Buns. Those are delicious with BBQ as well so I like to make them often.
Or I could just make Regular Hamburger Buns too. I often whip these up on the fly.
But purchased hamburger buns work well too. And it keep this planned leftovers meal FAST!
Sides To Go With Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
Needing ideas for sides to pair nicely with your pulled pork BBQ sandwiches? How about:
But sometimes just a handful of chips will suffice for a quicker, lighter meal. What’s your favorite planned leftover’s meal?
Recipes Using Leftover Roast:
- Carnitas Tacos
- (MYO Crispy Taco Shells in Minutes)
- Pulled Pork Enchiladas
- Hearty Meaty Stew
- Homemade Pork Tamales
- Pulled Pork BBQ
- (Homemade Honey-Sweetened BBQ Sauce)
- BBQ Rub & Beer-Based Mop Sauce Recipe
New Meals Remade With Leftovers
- Planned Leftovers: Easy Slow-Cooker Pork Roast
- How To Quickly Shred Leftover Roast
- Fast Food: Remaking Leftover Steak & Veggies
- Chicken Fried Rice Supper FAST!
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes Into Potato Cakes
- Leftover Biscuit Dough? Make Cinnamon Rolls!
- Hearty Stew – Quickest Planned Leftover Meal Of All
- Pulled Pork Enchiladas From Leftover Roast
- Planned Leftovers: Carnitas Tacos From Pork Roast
- Leftover Meatloaf Made Into Quesadillas
- Leftover Chicken & Zucchini Noodles with Herb Bombs
- Chicken Tortilla Soup From Leftovers
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Made Easy
- Chicken & Dumplings Using Leftover Chicken
- Leftover Chicken Into Quick Chicken Fried Rice
- Using It ALL – The Art Of Eliminating Leftover Food
- Leftover Navy Beans Into Delicious HUMMUS!
- Leftover Turkey & Dressing Into Patties
- Homemade Meals Every Day – The EASY Way!
…and MUCH MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter & Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!