by Texas Homesteader ~
We’re all trying to eat healthier these days. But c’mon – you can’t live your life eating nothing but rice cakes and tofu. You’ve got to keep those taste buds entertained from time to time! Recently guest writer Ashley shared her experience of going through a full month without any refined sugar at all. WOW! But her hubby loves sweet treats. So how will she help him stay on track during this long challenge? She did lots of research into ways to enjoy sweet treats without buckling in their refined sugar-free quest.
On her post sharing Week THREE she shared a recipe for a delicious Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Fudge that has the added bonus of being no-bake. You’re NOT gonna want to miss this – check it out.
TAMMY’S NOTE: This No-Sugar challenge documents Ashley’s 30-day attempt to remove PROCESSED SUGAR from their diet. This challenge allows her to use natural sugars such as fruit, honey or true maple syrup. Therefore it’s not meant for a diabetic alternative, simply a personal-health challenge.
…from Ashley: I don’t want to take credit for being creative enough to have created this no-bake peanut butter fudge from scratch. I have researched ways others have made sugar-free desserts and modified different ingredients to my own tastes. I just cannot pinpoint the exact starting points for these recipes.
No-bake Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 cup peanut butter or any nut butter, but make sure there is no added sugar
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- sea salt to sprinkle on top
- 2 tsp walnut or hazelnut extract (optional)
Mix all ingredients, except salt, in a large bowl until all chunks are gone. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and pour mixture into the pan. Finally, cover and leave in refrigerator until completely firm. When fudge is firm, cut into squares and sprinkle with salt. Enjoy.
NOTE: This fudge softens as it warms, so it's best stored in the fridge and enjoyed while still cool.
NOTE: You’re encouraged to read all four weeks of Ashley’s Month-Long Sugar-Free Challenge where she shares tips & several sugar-free recipes:
Other Easy Desserts
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Quick Homemade Whipped Cream
- Easy Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Chocolate Pudding In A FLASH
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Easy Homemade Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Honey Graham Crackers
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa
- …And MANY MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest,Twitter or Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!