by Texas Homesteader ~
This time of year is known for cheer and excitement. Trees trimmed with sparkly decorations & cheerful gifts under the tree. It’s known for an awareness of sharing and giving to others. A gentle season pushing us to remove the focus from ourselves & think of others. But oftentimes there’s an uglier side too. Think about all the hateful rhetoric flung about on social media this time of year about Merry Christmas vs. Happy Holidays. Sometimes it calls for action, snarkily responding to those wishing us a Happy Holiday that we want to hear only MERRY CHRISTMAS!
It’s a well-meaning but oftentimes harsh push to keep Christ in Christmas. But that unnecessary ugliness is really disturbing to me.
Kinder Ways For Christians To Keep Christ In Christmas!
As a Christian I love this beautiful holiday. Not only is it a time to celebrate the birth of Christ, but a time to soften our hearts and show real love & compassion to those around us. Yes, I absolutely want to keep Christ in my Christmas!
But here’s the deal, y’all…. Do you REALLY want to keep Christ in Christmas? It’s easy to do! And without mean-spirited hatefulness or adding a dividing line in the sand separating ‘Us’ from ‘Them’.
- Feed The Hungry
- Clothe The Naked
- Forgive The Guilty
- Welcome The Stranger & The Unwanted Child
- Care For The Sick
- Love Your Enemies
See there? Christ fully involved in our Christmas. And using only love – no ugliness required! Let’s all strive for a kinder, gentler Christmas this year!
Other Christmas Posts You Might Like:
- ‘Merry Christmas’ or ‘Happy Holidays’?
- How Will I Be Able To ‘Provide’ Christmas This Year?
- A Small Christmas Tree Can Be BEAUTIFUL!
- Keeping The JOY In The Christmas Season
- Want To Keep Christ In Christmas?
- The Truth Behind Perfect Facebook Posts
- Don’t Judge The Need Of Others
- Homemade Gifts We’ve Given
- Christmas Gift-Idea Roundup
- Repurposed Denim Hand Warmers
- 8 Eco-Friendly Gifts Your Friends Will LOVE!
- Low-Waste Christmas Gifts We’ve Received
- Cute Santa Sleigh Made With Candy
- Thinking Of Adding A Pup To Your Home This Christmas?
Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas:
- Gift Ideas For Mom
- Gift Ideas For Dad
- Homemade Gift Ideas
- Homemade Chai Tea Mix
- Gardener’s Hand Scrub
- 3-Ingredient Beeswax Lip Balm
- Repurposed Denim Pocket-Sized Hand Warmers
- Rustic Repurposed-Denim Baskets
- Cedar Solar-Light Garden Feature
- Rustic Bois d’Arc Solar Light
- Photo Wall Hanging Using Reclaimed Barn Wood
- Making A Small Gift Box With A Greeting Card
- Make a Customized Label With Plain Ole Shipping Tape
- 8 Environmentally Friendly Gifts For Your Friends
- Low-Waste Gifts We’ve Rec’d & Loved
- Environmentally-Friendly Gifts Can Be Fun
Low-Waste Gift Wrapping & Presentation
- Low-Waste Gift Wrapping Ideas
- Reusable Gift Wrap Ideas
- Gift Baskets
- Make A Cute Gift Box Using A Christmas Card!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!