by Texas Homesteader ~
This time of year is known for cheer and excitement. Trees trimmed with sparkly decorations & cheerful gifts under the tree.
It’s known for an awareness of sharing and giving to others. A gentle season pushing us to remove the focus from ourselves & think of others.
Sometimes it calls for action, snarkily responding to those wishing us a Happy Holiday that we want to hear only MERRY CHRISTMAS!
It’s a well-meaning but oftentimes harsh push to keep Christ in Christmas. But that unnecessary ugliness is really disturbing to me.
How many times have you heard outrage over a store wishing customers ‘Happy Holidays’ instead of ‘Merry Christmas’? Calls go out to boycott those stores – ‘We’ll Show Them!!”
What about the firestorm a few years ago about the Christmas design on the cup of a well-known coffee house? Oh my…
Kinder Ways For Christians To Keep Christ In Christmas!
As a Christian I love this beautiful holiday. Not only is it a time to celebrate the birth of Christ, but a time to soften our hearts and show real love & compassion to those around us.
Yes, I absolutely want to keep Christ in my Christmas!
But here’s the deal, y’all…. Do you REALLY want to keep Christ in Christmas? It’s easy to do! And without mean-spirited hatefulness or adding a dividing line in the sand separating ‘Us’ from ‘Them’.
- Feed The Hungry
- Clothe The Naked
- Forgive The Guilty
- Welcome The Stranger
- & The Unwanted Child
- Care For The Sick
- Love Your Enemies
See there? Christ fully involved in our Christmas.
And using only love – no ugliness required!
Let’s all strive for a kinder, gentler Christmas this year!
Other Christmas Posts You Might Like:
- ‘Merry Christmas’ or ‘Happy Holidays’?
- How Will I Be Able To ‘Provide’ Christmas This Year?
- Holiday Cooking Shortcuts, Tips & Recipes
- A Small Christmas Tree Can Be BEAUTIFUL!
- Keeping The JOY In The Christmas Season
- Want To Keep Christ In Christmas?
- Thinking Of Adding A Pup To Your Home This Christmas?
- The Truth Behind Perfect Facebook Posts
- Don’t Judge The Need Of Others
- Homemade Gifts We’ve Given
- Gift Ideas For Mom
- Gift Ideas For Dad
- Must-Haves For Any Home Cook
- Christmas Gift-Idea Roundup
- Repurposed Denim Hand Warmers
- 8 Eco-Friendly Gifts Your Friends Will LOVE!
- Low-Waste Christmas Gifts We’ve Received
- Cute Santa Sleigh Made With Candy
- Keeping Track Of Gift-Card Balances
- Experience Gift Ideas
Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas:
- Gift Ideas For The Eco-Friendly Mom
- Homemade Gift Ideas
- Homemade Chai Tea Mix
- Gardener’s Hand Scrub
- 3-Ingredient Beeswax Lip Balm
- Repurposed Denim Pocket-Sized Hand Warmers
- Rustic Repurposed-Denim Baskets
- Cedar Solar-Light Garden Feature
- Rustic Bois d’Arc Solar Light
- Photo Wall Hanging Using Reclaimed Barn Wood
- Making A Small Gift Box With A Greeting Card
- Make a Customized Label With Plain Ole Shipping Tape
- 8 Environmentally Friendly Gifts For Your Friends
- Low-Waste Gifts We’ve Rec’d & Loved
- Environmentally-Friendly Gifts Can Be Fun
Low-Waste Gift Wrapping & Presentation
- Reusable Gift Wrap Ideas
- Low-Waste Gift Baskets
- Make A Cute Gift Box Using A Christmas Card!
- No Wrapping Needed: Experience Gifts!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!