by Texas Homesteader ~
It’s true, I was late to the game in getting my very own Instant Pot. Oh sure, others raved about their Instant Pots, but I just wasn’t convinced.
Until I was!
Now I use my Instant Pot All. The. Time.
One of my favorite meals to make with it is Instant Pot Goulash. I mean – brown the meat, dump in the rest of the ingredients, press a button for 4 tiny minutes cook time & walk away?
Yeah, that’s my kinda cooking, y’all!
Instant Pot Makes Cooking FAST
Since getting my Instant Pot I’ve found all kinds of dishes to love it for. Making IP Broth is the first thing I did with it. It was so fast, and I was HOOKED!
Why, I’ve even discovered you can make my favorite dessert Cheesecake In An Instant Pot! Oh my…
See the list below for all my favorite IP recipes…
But on this day I wanted to try to make goulash in my Instant Pot. Goulash is a favored childhood memory of mine. Now THAT’S true comfort food!
Thankfully it was super easy to do and incredibly delicious too.
Cooking The Meat
First I turned my IP to ‘sauté’ and cooked the ground meat, chopped onions & minced garlic until the meat was fully cooked. It only took a few minutes.
When the meat was browned I drained the fat and added 1 can spaghetti sauce, 2 cans diced Italian-flavored tomatoes, 2 teaspoons paprika, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2.5 cups broth, and 2.5 cups elbow noodles.
Initially I thought 3 tablespoons of soy sauce was going to be excessive. But it wasn’t, it was perfect. So I never skip that even though my cooking self raises an eyebrow when adding it. LOL.
A quick stir to incorporate everything and then I placed the IP lid on top, locking it into place.
Cooking The Goulash
I set my Instant Pot setting to manual high pressure and pressed the +/- button to set the time for 4 minutes.
Wait, 4 minutes??!!
Yep, that’s right. This recipe only needs to be pressure-cooked for 4 tiny minutes. How’s THAT for fast??!
When the timer was up I did a quick release of pressure. One last stir and we were good to go.
Here’s the recipe as I make it:
Instant Pot Goulash
This Instant Pot Goulash recipe needs to pressure cook for only 4 minutes. That's a super fast comfort-food meal. #TexasHomesteader
- 1 lb ground meat I used unflavored ground pork
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 24-oz jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 15-oz cans Italian-Flavored diced tomatoes (can add 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning if plain)
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 cups dry elbow noodles
- 2 1/2 cups broth (can use water if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste (I used 1 tsp each)
Turn the Instant Pot onto sauté. When hot, add 1 pound of ground meat, 3 cloves minced garlic,1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and 1 chopped onion. Cook until meat is browned.
When meat is browned drain fat then add 1 can spaghetti sauce, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning, 1 Tablespoon chili powder, 2 teaspoons paprika, 3 Tablespoons soy sauce, 2.5 cups broth, and 2.5 cups elbow noodles.
Lock lid into place & set your Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 4 minutes.
When timer is up perform a quick release of pressure.
Give everything a good stir.
OPTIONAL TOPPING OPTIONS: If desired you can top with Parmesan Cheese, or sour cream, or spicy jalapenos if desired. Whatever you like!
Other Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Bone Broth Is Push-Button Easy!
- IP Pot Roast And Gravy – Comfort Food FAST
- Pepperoncini Pot Roast – Only 3 Ingredients
- Homemade Yogurt: Instant Pot Method
- Cheesecake Can Be Made In An Instant Pot
- Homemade Tamales – Faster In An Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Boiled Eggs WITHOUT The Shell!
- Cooking Dry Beans in An Instant Pot
- Black-eyed Peas w/Spicy Rotel in And Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Goulash – Comfort Food FAST!
Want to see other Meal Ideas?
- Poor Man’s Stuffed Steak (hamburger)
- Award-Winning Cowboy Chili
- Slow-Cooker Spicy Sticky Chicken
- Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Lasagne Cooked In Its Shell
- Savory Meatloaf
- Lazy Cook’s Chile Relleno
- Hot & Hearty Cabbage Stew
- Homemade Chicken & Dumplings
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole
- Meat-Stuffed Ravioli
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Homemade Pasta – Only 3 Ingredients!
- Southwest Chicken w/Seasoned Brown Rice
- Meat & Cheese-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Homemade Tamales (includes Instant-Pot shortcut)
- Homemade Meals Every Day – The EASY Way!
- Pecan Smoking A Whole, Spatchcock Turkey
- Quick Southwest Quesadillas
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing!
To receive an email when a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to
Subscribe to our blog!