by Texas Homesteader ~
When we recently traveled to west Texas to visit my aunt, she picked up a couple of loaves of our favorite jalapeno cheese bread for us to enjoy while we were there. I told her that every time we visit & enjoy that delicious bread I get the idea to come home & bake up bread with jalapenos & cheese. But it’s just not the same because I’m usually making biscuits or flavored beer bread & not a fluffy yeast bread.
So recently when I was baking RancherMan his favorite sandwich bread I made one into a jalapeno cheese bread. It was as simple as rolling it out, sprinkling chopped previously-frozen jalapenos from the freezer and some grated jalapeno muenster cheese given to us by a very sweet friend before rolling the dough into a loaf. But did it work?
YES! RancherMan is over the moon over this spicy bread! And of course you can make it as spicy or cheesy as you like. Mildly spicy? Sure. Wildly spicy? You bet. Very cheesy? Go for it!
Since I didn’t want to eliminate one of RancherMan’s sandwich loaves, I used my regular sandwich bread recipe & amended the ingredients to make 3 loaves instead of 2. Then when I rolled out the bread dough to roll out into logs, I rolled one a little thinner than normal. I sprinkled that thinner rectangle with about 3 chopped jalapenos & some shredded cheese. Then I rolled it onto a loaf, let it do the final rise, and baked it up along with the other two loaves. BOOM!
RancherMan raved, and that always makes me smile. You can do as I did and follow my exact same Sandwich Bread Recipe and just sprinkle on the spicy deliciousness for a jalapeno cheese loaf when you roll the dough into a log. Your family will love it as much as we do!
Other Favorite Breads
- Soft Sandwich Bread
- Oatmeal Sandwich Bread
- No-Knead Rosemary Skillet Bread
- No-Knead Boule Bread
- Jalapeno/cheese Yeast Bread
- Basic Beer Bread
- Rosemary/Cheddar Beer Bread
- Pesto Beer Bread
- Homemade Country-Style Buttermilk Biscuits
- Leftover Biscuit Dough Cinnamon Rolls!
- Snappy Jalapeno/Cheese Biscuits
- Jalapeno Cornbread
- Corn Dodgers – A Delicious Accident
- Mix-n-Pour Tortillas
- Easy Corn Tortillas
- Sweet Pumpkin Bread
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- My Favorite Bread-Making Kitchen Feature
- Homemade Bread-Making Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks
- Bread Machine Recipe: Honey Oatmeal Bread
- Making My Own Oat Flour For CHEAP
Holiday Cooking Tips & Recipes
- No-Cook Cherry Dessert
- MYO Cherry Pie Filling Quickly
- Apple Pie With Home-Canned Apples
- Easy Pumpkin Bread (with Cake Mix Shortcut)
- Easy, Healthy Breakfast Muffins
- Honey-Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Double Pie Crust Recipe
- MYO Sweetened Condensed Milk
- MYO Broth Easily!
- Easy Cream-Of-ANYTHING Soup Recipe
- Easier Peeling For Boiled Eggs
- What Do The Dates On The Food Labels Mean?
- Keeping Hot Dishes HOT In Transit
- Keeping Food Safely COLD
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!