by Texas Homesteader ~
Y’all know we drink coffee that comes in plastic canisters. When the coffee’s gone the canisters are handy and I’ve used them for so many things so far.
I’ve removed the paint & made them into a super cute bread box. They’ve been painted & used for planters to share plants with friends. And I’ve even made them into feeders for our chickens too. (the complete list is below)
But recently we were invited to a covered-dish supper at our daughter’s house in a city a couple of hours away from home. ROAD TRIP! LOL I agreed to bring our daughter’s favorite cake-mix cookies.
But you know how when participating in a covered-dish event it’s always inconvenient to find the right container to bring your food in? Oh and then making sure you get your container back when you leave? What a pain.
Plus dealing with all those various-sized plastic food containers & mismatched lids. Ugh.
But of course for today’s covered-dish supper it was an empty coffee canister to the rescue!
Preparing To Go To Dinner Party
I baked up those delicious chocolate cookies and put them on a rack to cool. When it was time to hit the road I first sought out my favorite traveling basket.
Have I mentioned lately how much I love this thing? I’ve found I use it all the time these days.
Then I placed those cooled cookies into a clean coffee canister and snapped on the lid. I tucked it into my basket along with a bottle of wine to go with supper and off we went!
These repurposed coffee canisters have become my own constantly-replaceable plastic food storage & transportation supply. How convenient!
After the meal when we were ready to leave I told our daughter to keep the rest of the cookies. I wasn’t worried about getting my container back of course. There are always MORE of those at my disposal!
Our daughter was free to use it to store the cookies until they were gone & then simply recycle the container.
Or heck, hopefully she will reuse it. There are LOTS of ways to use those handy canisters #amiright??
Say it with me, y’all: Use Whatcha Got!
Coffee Canister Repurpose Ideas:
- Removing The Print
- Making A Cute Country Bread Box
- How To Make A Flour Canister
- Storing Bulk Items In The Pantry
- Replaceable Food Storage Dishes
- Using Repurposed Canisters In The Garden
- Repurposed Coffee Canister To Cute Inexpensive Planter
- Making A Low-Waste Chicken Feeder
- Coffee Canisters Into EcoBricks For The Garden
- Empty Coffee Can Repurposed For Grape Harvest
- Repurposing A Coffee Can For Deep-Soak Watering
- Fun Ways To Repurpose Coffee Canisters
Other ‘Use Whatcha Got’ Ideas
- Make A Cute Porch Lantern
- Assuring Safety Around An Underground Cistern
- Repurposing An Empty Parmesan Cheese Container – BRILLIANT!
- MYO Simple Craft Paintbrush In A Pinch
- Replacing Our Bedside Clock/Radio
- Predator Guard For Our Martin House
- Trick Birds Away From Garden Strawberries
- Protecting Tender Seedlings
- Safer Straight-Pin Storage
- Tame Electrical Cords
- Save Your Fingernails When Cleaning
- MYO Chalkboard Labels
- Keeping Boots Stored Neatly
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea – lots of good folks sharing! You can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to
Subscribe to our blog!