by Texas Homesteader ~
In my closet are several different styles of women’s boots. I have mid-calf boots & higher-calf boots. There are boots that go with leggings and boots that go with blue jeans. I’m not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination. But c’mon, a girl’s gotta have fashionable footwear!
But oh those boots…
Now I’ve read all sorts of solutions to keeping boots from slouching over. Many people use cut-up plastic pool noodles. If I had access to pool noodles that were no longer being used I’d probably use that as a solution I guess. But I’ll not buy them because, you know, they’re plastic.
Have I mentioned lately how much I Hate Plastic? LOL
I suppose I could crumple newspaper and shove it into my boots when they’re not being worn. But What a pain to remove & replace that paper each time I wore a pair of boots. There’s got to be a better way.
Using Cardboard For Neater Boot Storage
Then I thought about corrugated cardboard. I volunteer for our local food pantry and there’s an endless supply of cardboard boxes and flats to hold all those cans of food. So I brought several home with me, flattened them out and cut them in half.
Then I folded each piece in half longways and slid them down into my boots. Perfect! The rigid cardboard holds my boots neatly.
My closet is now much more organized. And when this boot-straightener cardboard is no longer needed I just toss it into my compost tumbler and it magically turns into that precious Black Gold Compost for my garden. Nothing new needed to be purchased and there’s nothing to go to the landfill in the future.
Use Whatcha Got, Y’all!
Links In This Post:
- Decluttering Your Home And KEEPING It Decluttered
- Closing The Loop In Charitable Giving
- Reducing Plastic: It’s Easy!
- Using Cardboard In Your Compost
Other ‘Use Whatcha Got’ Ideas
- Make A Cute Porch Lantern
- Assuring Safety Around An Underground Cistern
- Repurposing An Empty Parmesan Cheese Container – BRILLIANT!
- MYO Simple Craft Paintbrush In A Pinch
- Replacing Our Bedside Clock/Radio
- Predator Guard For Our Martin House
- Trick Birds Away From Garden Strawberries
- Protecting Tender Seedlings
- Safer Straight-Pin Storage
- Tame Electrical Cords
- Save Your Fingernails When Cleaning
- MYO Chalkboard Labels
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!