by Texas Homesteader~
*contains affiliate link
Recently we were honored to have a guest poster, Ashley share her experience of going through a full month with No. Refined. Sugar! In her post about going through Week Two of that challenge she shared with us a quick & easy hot-weather treat – Healthy Sugar-Free ‘Ice Cream’ made with frozen bananas and berries. Check out this recipe for a nice cool treat on a hot summer’s day that’s actually GOOD for you…
TAMMY’S NOTE: This No-Sugar challenge documents Ashley’s 30-day attempt to remove PROCESSED SUGAR from their diet. This challenge allows her to use natural sugars such as fruit, honey or true maple syrup, therefore it’s not meant for a diabetic alternative, simply a personal-health challenge.
Ok, this recipe was so simple and delicious that I could easily see myself giving up ice cream all together! It’s creamy like ice cream and the flavors are endless. Curious yet?
The recipe is as simple as you want it to be and the flavors are almost endless. I chose a raspberry flavor because that’s what I happened to have on hand. I blended it all in my *Nutribullet in seconds!
HEALTHY Frozen Fruit Sugar Free "Ice Cream"
- 1 - 2 sliced frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, strawberries or blueberries
Add frozen banana slices and berries into Nutribullet, food processor, or ninja and blend until creamy. (I used my amazing *Nutribullet) Yup. It's really that simple.
You can make it more of a sorbet if you add less banana and more berries, or even more creamy with more banana and less berries. You can also do other fruits like mango or watermelon or mix several together.
Seriously, the options are endless! If you pour a little bit of coconut water (or juice or beverage of your choice) into the blend, you can pour your mixture into freezer molds and have frozen popsicles!
NOTE: You’re encouraged to read all four weeks of her Sugar-Free Challenge Journey where she shares tips & sugar-free recipes:
Other Easy Desserts
- Depression-Era CRAZY CAKE – No Butter, Eggs or Milk
- No-Cook Chocolate Frosting
- Stir-n-Pour Drizzle Chocolate
- Apple Crumble QUICK With Pie Filling
- Pumpkin Bread (with Cake-Mix Shortcut)
- Rich, Chocolaty Homemade Brownies
- Chocolate Pudding In A FLASH
- Banana Pudding – A Hug From The South
- Cherry-Pie Tortilla Rolls
- Cantaloupe Bread w/Pecan Praline Glaze
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- Fresh Pear Cake
- Healthier ‘Ice Cream’ Using Bananas & Fruit
- Easy Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream Cake
- Homemade Honey Graham Crackers
- Cake-Mix Cookies – Only 3 Ingredients!
- Double Chocolate Banana Chunk Cookies
- Sugar-Free Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Truffles
- Rich & Creamy Hot Cocoa
- …And MANY MORE!
See All Recipe Posts
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest,Twitter or Instagram
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!
Perfect for this crazy hot weather today. I’m going to impress my kids by making a giant batch. Congrats, you’re featured this week at the This Is How We Roll Link Party.
Looks delicious! Nice to have a healthy version of ice cream! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty !
Nearly guilt-free ice cream? Yes please!! ~TxH~