by Texas Homesteader
I’m so excited to have been nominated by Salvage Sister & Mister for a Liebster Award. I’ve seen these fun lists before but I’ve never participated – it’s kind of like a blogger’s shout-out to other bloggers, a meet-n-greet of sorts. But this is my very first time to be able to participate, so deep breath – here we go! (Walks through crowd to stage, smiling & waving,…)
Well ok, here are 11 Random Facts About Me:
1. My parents got my name from the popular movie “Tammy & The Bachelor”.
2. I totally hate the color orange, it’s an old childhood scar – LOL.
3. I’ve always been enamored with really old barns – of course I never dreamed I’d actually OWN one!
4. My pinky fingers are crooked, a favored trait shared by several others in my family – primarily the second-born child. My mother was the second born of her siblings & I’m the second born of mine. Of course when my second child was born I immediately looked at her fingers and was delighted that she carried on the trait.
5. I’m a confirmed CHOCOHOLIC! Once when ordering a death-by-chocolate blizzard with an extra scoop of hot fudge on top the cashier commented “Oh, the death by chocolate has quite a bit of chocolate in it already, that might be a little TOO much chocolate for you.” She obviously didn’t know me!
6. My favorite Christmas movie is ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’, makes me cry every year!
7. I’m a total introvert. I mean I-N-T-R-O-V-E-R-T! I’ve been working hard to step outside my comfort zone to become more comfortable chatting with others. I’m a work in progress!
8. My pet peeve is to be force-fed someone’s personal telephone conversation as I’m held captive in a grocery store line, doctor’s waiting room or the like. UUGGGH, hang up the phone already!
9. When I was 16 years old I totaled my small Toyota on the way home from school in a wreck with an 18-wheeler Mac truck. With my little brother in the front passenger seat, my little sister in the back seat yet the only injury received by any of us was a small cut on my sister’s finger as she was crawling out of the mangled back seat & laid her hand on some of the glass that had shattered onto the seat at impact. Miracle? Absolutely YES!
10. I have a love/hate relationship with gardening. First & foremost gardening is in my blood and there’s no way I could ever skip planting each spring. The satisfaction of plucking that perfectly-ripe vegetable from the vine 30 minutes before it’s served for supper is blissful, but oh how I HATE the weeding chores!
11. I cannot make myself eat fish of any kind. It just. Won’t. Go. Down…
Here are my answers to the 11 questions asked by Salvage Sister & Mister:
- If you could travel anyplace today, where would it be? I think Red River NM is absolutely beautiful in the summer, and it’s by far my favorite summer travel destination.
- What is your next blogging goal? I’ve only been at it a year so I’m still developing my writing style. I’m a pretty humorous gal and I’d love for that side of me to come out more in my writing.
- How long have you been blogging? Just a year so I’m a total greenhorn but I’ve found that I really LOVE it! It’s a creative outlet that I had never explored before and now I wonder why it took me so long.
- How many pets do you have? None, unless you count the chickens, goats & baby calves as “pets”. LOL
- What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now? Wild hog pork chops, breaded then baked in my solar oven.
- Favorite chore to do in or out of the house. Hands-down – hanging the laundry on the line under that beautiful blue Texas sky. I feel such a closeness to my grandmother when I do, as I remember fondly as a child helping her hang her laundry.
- Eat in or out? We don’t eat out often, so it’s really fun when we do.
- Favorite food. Oh absolutely – crinkle-cut french fries, WITH cream gravy. I’d like to thank RancherMan very much for getting me hooked on a fattening addition to fries, which are already fattening on their own!
- Why did you start blogging? I was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago. Knowing that with the surgeries and out-of-town specialist visits I wouldn’t be able to work at the ranch as usual, my RancherMan suggested that I start a blog about our life here in NE Texas to give me a creative outlet as I recovered. (I love him for that…)
- If you were born in a different generation which would it be? I have totally romanticized the life of a woman born in the 1880’s – I love doing things the old fashioned way. I realize life was hard then, but it was so real!
- Very first blog you started reading? DownToEarth.com, Rhonda writes about the things that fascinate me – slowing down, living a more self-sufficient simple life and keeping a comfortable home. Love her!
My Liebster Award Nominees
So there ya have it, my very first Liebster award ceremony. Thank you all for coming, drive safely!
Loved your post Christine, and I can’t wait to check out the blogs you’ve nominated. So much fun! ~TxH~
Pingback: I was Nominated for a Liebster Award! » Once Upon a Time in a Bed of Wildflowers
Thanks so much for the nomination! It was great to learn a little more about you through the questions. I just finished my list of blogs and questions. What a great way to connect. Again, thank you for thinking of me.
Dians, I just read through your Liebster post – Love it! And what a great list of nominees, I’m off to check them out. ~TxH~
This is going to be so much fun! Thanks for thinking of me! 🙂
So much fun for me too Christine, I can’t wait to read your post! ~TxH~
This is such a fun idea! I have never heard of a Liebster Award. It sounds like a great way to network with other small bloggers. I like your choice of questions for other bloggers. Especially the question about a superpower. You didn’t ask, but my chosen superpower would be the ability to go invisible. There are so many times I have thought “I would love to be a fly on that wall.”
Invisibility, Dawn? You’re right – that would be an awesome superpower! ~TxH~
Congratulations on your Award
Awwww… Thanks Colleen! ~TxH~
Thank you so much for thinking of me! I really appreciate it. Will get to work on it right away!
Awesome Lee – can’t wait to read your post! ~TxH~
Awww.. Thank you so much for your nomination! And #6, #7 and #11. YES YES YES! I totally agree!
Glad to know someone else can’t eat fish. Everyone’s kind of surprised when I say I can’t eat it. Now I can eat lots of things I don’t necessarily care for, but fish just won’t go down – it’s not gonna happen! Excited to read your post Kim! ~TxH~
Ok! I am going to do this. Not today but hopefully tomorrow. thank you for thinking of me. It is a mutual admiration because I really enjoy your blog, your ideas, your beautiful ranch and the pictures you share with us on Facebook. Loved your answers to all the questions here too. – Janet
Awww Janet, you say the sweetest things! Can’t wait to read your post! ~TxH~