by Texas Homesteader
I’m so excited to have been nominated by Salvage Sister & Mister for a Liebster Award. I’ve seen these fun lists before but I’ve never participated – it’s kind of like a blogger’s shout-out to other bloggers, a meet-n-greet of sorts. But this is my very first time to be able to participate, so deep breath – here we go! (Walks through crowd to stage, smiling & waving,…)
Well ok, here are 11 Random Facts About Me:
1. My parents got my name from the popular movie “Tammy & The Bachelor”.
2. I totally hate the color orange, it’s an old childhood scar – LOL.
3. I’ve always been enamored with really old barns – of course I never dreamed I’d actually OWN one!
4. My pinky fingers are crooked, a favored trait shared by several others in my family – primarily the second-born child. My mother was the second born of her siblings & I’m the second born of mine. Of course when my second child was born I immediately looked at her fingers and was delighted that she carried on the trait.
5. I’m a confirmed CHOCOHOLIC! Once when ordering a death-by-chocolate blizzard with an extra scoop of hot fudge on top the cashier commented “Oh, the death by chocolate has quite a bit of chocolate in it already, that might be a little TOO much chocolate for you.” She obviously didn’t know me!
6. My favorite Christmas movie is ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’, makes me cry every year!
7. I’m a total introvert. I mean I-N-T-R-O-V-E-R-T! I’ve been working hard to step outside my comfort zone to become more comfortable chatting with others. I’m a work in progress!
8. My pet peeve is to be force-fed someone’s personal telephone conversation as I’m held captive in a grocery store line, doctor’s waiting room or the like. UUGGGH, hang up the phone already!
9. When I was 16 years old I totaled my small Toyota on the way home from school in a wreck with an 18-wheeler Mac truck. With my little brother in the front passenger seat, my little sister in the back seat yet the only injury received by any of us was a small cut on my sister’s finger as she was crawling out of the mangled back seat & laid her hand on some of the glass that had shattered onto the seat at impact. Miracle? Absolutely YES!
10. I have a love/hate relationship with gardening. First & foremost gardening is in my blood and there’s no way I could ever skip planting each spring. The satisfaction of plucking that perfectly-ripe vegetable from the vine 30 minutes before it’s served for supper is blissful, but oh how I HATE the weeding chores!
11. I cannot make myself eat fish of any kind. It just. Won’t. Go. Down…
- If you could travel anyplace today, where would it be? I think Red River NM is absolutely beautiful in the summer, and it’s by far my favorite summer travel destination.
- What is your next blogging goal? I’ve only been at it a year so I’m still developing my writing style. I’m a pretty humorous gal and I’d love for that side of me to come out more in my writing.
- How long have you been blogging? Just a year so I’m a total greenhorn but I’ve found that I really LOVE it! It’s a creative outlet that I had never explored before and now I wonder why it took me so long.
- How many pets do you have? None, unless you count the chickens, goats & baby calves as “pets”. LOL
- What’s the weirdest thing in your fridge right now? Wild hog pork chops, breaded then baked in my solar oven.
- Favorite chore to do in or out of the house. Hands-down – hanging the laundry on the line under that beautiful blue Texas sky. I feel such a closeness to my grandmother when I do, as I remember fondly as a child helping her hang her laundry.
- Eat in or out? We don’t eat out often, so it’s really fun when we do.
- Favorite food. Oh absolutely – crinkle-cut french fries, WITH cream gravy. I’d like to thank RancherMan very much for getting me hooked on a fattening addition to fries, which are already fattening on their own!
- Why did you start blogging? I was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago. Knowing that with the surgeries and out-of-town specialist visits I wouldn’t be able to work at the ranch as usual, my RancherMan suggested that I start a blog about our life here in NE Texas to give me a creative outlet as I recovered. (I love him for that…)
- If you were born in a different generation which would it be? I have totally romanticized the life of a woman born in the 1880’s – I love doing things the old fashioned way. I realize life was hard then, but it was so real!
- Very first blog you started reading? DownToEarth.com, Rhonda writes about the things that fascinate me – slowing down, living a more self-sufficient simple life and keeping a comfortable home. Love her!
My Liebster Award Nominees
So there ya have it, my very first Liebster award ceremony. Thank you all for coming, drive safely!