by Texas Homesteader ~
One inexpensive bag of pink Himalayan mineral soak can result in several sweet gifts in just minutes. I buy the big bag and section off into several small jars. Then decorate the jars for giving. A sweet, very inexpensive gift.
Small Gift Needs
RancherMan & I enjoy a fun tradition with a small group of our friends. Every month we all gather to celebrate whomever is having a birthday that month.
The honoree gets to choose their preferred restaurant location and we all meet to offer birthday cheer to them. We always sing “Happy Birthday” to them, family style. (That means purposely horribly off-tune and out of sync with each other) LOL! Way too much fun!
Although presents/cards are not expected, cards are often brought & sometimes small gifts are brought as well. But a cute, thoughtful gesture doesn’t have to break the bank.
Although I realize I could just whip up some bath salts from scratch, I love the look of the pink Himalayan mineral soak. So I got a large bag of fru-fru bath salts – Dr. Teal’s Pink Himalayan Mineral Soak.
The larger bag didn’t cost much at all. And the bath salts are already scented with Bergamot & Sweet Orange Essential Oils. Aaaaahhhhh… And that big bag will make several of these cute little jars.
Presenting A Bath Salt Gift
But mama always said, “Presentation is Half The Gift”. And plunking over a large bag of bath salts has no presentation at all.
But lucky for me that one bag will make several cute jars! Here’s what I do:
I simply poured the bath salts into 1/2-pint canning jars and added a 2-part canning lid. I printed out “Pink Himalayan Mineral Soak” on a piece of cardboard & cut it to fit inside the ring on the lid.
Then I printed out the Himalayan salt benefits and taped it to the front of the jar using a wide piece of heavy shipping tape.
Repurposed Card For Gift Tag
Finally I took a birthday card I’d received in the past and repurposed it for this gift. Nothing’s wasted!
I used scissors with a decorative edge and cut around the cute saying on the card. Then on the back I wrote the To/From information with the honoree’s name.
A quick hole punch and ribbon threaded through to tie everything together and BOOM!
Now that’s a simple gift with plenty of presentation punch! Mama would be proud…
And it’s proof once again that you don’t have to spend a lot to give a small, thoughtful birthday or Christmas present.
- Homemade Gifts We’ve Given
- Gift Ideas For Mom
- Gift Ideas For Dad
- Must-Haves For Any Home Cook
- Christmas Gift-Idea Roundup
- Repurposed Denim Hand Warmers
- 8 Eco-Friendly Gifts Your Friends Will LOVE!
- Low-Waste Christmas Gifts We’ve Received
- Cute Santa Sleigh Made With Candy
- MYO Snowman Treat Jar Gift
- Keeping Track Of Gift-Card Balances
- Experience Gift Ideas
- Easy Homemade Jerky
- Candy Snowman With Gloves (optional CASH!)
Eco-Friendly Gift Ideas:
- Gift Ideas For The Eco-Friendly Mom
- Homemade Gift Ideas
- Homemade Chai Tea Mix
- Gardener’s Hand Scrub
- 3-Ingredient Beeswax Lip Balm
- Repurposed Denim Pocket-Sized Hand Warmers
- Rustic Repurposed-Denim Baskets
- Cedar Solar-Light Garden Feature
- Rustic Bois d’Arc Solar Light
- Photo Wall Hanging Using Reclaimed Barn Wood
- Making A Small Gift Box With A Greeting Card
- Make a Customized Label With Plain Ole Shipping Tape
- 8 Environmentally Friendly Gifts For Your Friends
- Low-Waste Gifts We’ve Rec’d & Loved
- Environmentally-Friendly Gifts Can Be Fun
Low-Waste Gift Wrapping & Presentation
- Reusable Gift Wrap Ideas
- Low-Waste Gift Baskets
- Make A Cute Gift Box Using A Christmas Card!
- No Wrapping Needed: Experience Gifts!
- Wrapping Gifts In Seconds Using Cloth
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page . It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea. There are lots of good folks sharing! And you can also follow along on Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter
If you’d like to receive an email when a new blog post goes live,
subscribe to our Blog!