by Texas Homesteader ~
In my kitchen I have an appliance cabinet. There I store various electric appliances & hand tools, such as slow cookers, blenders, a stick blender, electric knife, etc. The hand tools such as the electric knife & stick blender are small so I bundle them into a wide-mouth bucket on one of the shelves. But when it’s time to fetch one of them I used to hate how the cords would always be all be tangled around each other. But no more! Use Whatcha Got, y’all! Check out this Homestead Hack.
Whether it’s electric cords on my slow cookers, my blender or smaller appliances such as my hand blender or electric knife, this Homestead Hack keeps everything tidy. No more cords catching on each other or getting tangled. No more dragging down more things than I’d planned on picking up that one appliance. My secret?
Cardboard Tubes! Whether you get them from an empty roll of bathroom tissue, paper towels or gift wrap, hang on to those cardboard tubes. They’re handy! I simply fold the electric cord & back forth until it’s the size I want and slide it into this cardboard tube. It works beautifully! That cord doesn’t have the opportunity now to cause me grief when I’m fetching an appliance. Less frustration in the kitchen = A Happy Cook.
And, after that cardboard tube’s done hard labor in its second useful life of taming electrical cords, it goes on to yet another life in my compost tumbler to help make that black gold that helps my garden grow oh-so-well. Score!
Other Kitchen Homestead Hacks
- Easy Reminder For Kitchen Stove
- Make Your Slow Cooker More Efficient
- No Cooking Fat Down The Drain
- Labeling A Glass Jar
- Cleaning A Narrow-Neck Jar
- Keep That Broccoli Fresh
- Don’t Waste Onion Trimmings
- Heat-Free Way to Peel Tomatoes
- Cleaner Vegetable Chopping
- Quick Baking Measurement Reminder System
- Easily Separating Cream From Milk
- Using Frozen Water Bottles In The Kitchen
- Don’t Waste It – Free Vegetable Broth
- Easier Deviled Eggs – No Mess!
- MYO Crispy Taco Shells CHEAP
- Tame Kitchen Appliance Cords
- Save Your Fingernails When Cleaning
- Paper Napkins In A Paperless Kitchen
- Use ALL Of Your Spray Cleaner
- Quick Coffee Stain Cleaning
- Repurposing Mesh Bags For Scrubbers
- Cute Windowsill Container For Herb Cuttings
- …and many MORE!
C’mon by & sit a spell! Come hang out at our Facebook Page. It’s like sitting in a front porch rocker with a glass of cold iced tea – lots of good folks sharing! You can also follow along on Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
If you’d like to receive an email each time a new blog post goes live it’s EASY to Subscribe to our blog!