by Texas Homesteader ~
Occasionally I have difficulty opening a stubborn stuck jar lid. If RancherMan is nearby I have a handy (and oh-so-handsome) jar opener right at my disposal.
But if not I still have an easy way to open those stubborn jars. And I do it using a common item in the ‘junk drawer’ right in my kitchen.
Lurking in my kitchen drawer is a rubber band that came on a bunch of asparagus I purchased recently. Now that rubber band is going to help a sistah out with this jar lid.
I take that rubber band and wrap it around the stubborn jar lid in question.
This gives me the perfect amount of grip to now easily open that jar. Of course after the deed is done I’ll slip the rubber band back in the drawer, ready and waiting for next time.
Now I still prefer have RancherMan open stubborn jars for me, if for nothing else than to get to enjoy his handsome face. But this is a great alternative for times when he’s not inside the house. Who knew the lowly rubber band could be so helpful?
Other Kitchen Homestead Hacks
- Easy Reminder For Kitchen Stove
- Make Your Slow Cooker More Efficient
- No Cooking Fat Down The Drain
- Labeling A Glass Jar
- Cleaning A Narrow-Neck Jar
- Keep That Broccoli Fresh
- Don’t Waste Onion Trimmings
- Heat-Free Way to Peel Tomatoes
- Cleaner Vegetable Chopping
- Quick Baking Measurement Reminder System
- Easily Separating Cream From Milk
- Using Frozen Water Bottles In The Kitchen
- Don’t Waste It – Free Vegetable Broth
- Easier Deviled Eggs – No Mess!
- MYO Crispy Taco Shells CHEAP
- Tame Kitchen Appliance Cords
- Save Your Fingernails When Cleaning
- Paper Napkins In A Paperless Kitchen
- Use ALL Of Your Spray Cleaner
- Quick Coffee Stain Cleaning
- Repurposing Mesh Bags For Scrubbers
- Cute Windowsill Container For Herb Cuttings
- …and many MORE!